Monstrosity

1277 Parking brake????

Monstrosity

How does the parking brake system work on the 1277? The handle jiggles but seams to not pull up or down any other levers. 

squonk

Pull you belt guard off and see if the spring is hooked up. The spring connects the handle to a lever on the transmission. Pics would help us see what's going on.

WHX??

Yes it should pull strait up disengaging the clutch idler and at the same time operates a lever connected to a shaft coming out of the  transmission. This if for the parking brake which most are shot because people pull up on the handle when moving. A huge no no. 

Best shot I have. 

20180331_105701.jpg

• Like 1

Monstrosity
1 minute ago, WHX?? said:

Yes it should pull strait up disengaging the clutch idler and at the same time operates a lever connected to a shaft coming out of the  transmission. This if for the parking brake which most are shot because people pull up on the handle when moving. A huge no no. 

Best shot I have. 

20180331_105701.jpg

So everything is there the handle doesn't move much but that lower lever appears to be seized. Does it lock in the up position to keep the brake engaged? Thanks for the photo @WHX?? and @squonk I'll have a picture later today. 

WHX??

Your welcome

The very lower lever is the one that operates the internal parking pawl. 

The middle bell crank I'll call it pushes up on the idler pulley taking belt tension off.

Manual shows it all clear as mud! 

Tractor 1967 1077 & 1277 OM IPL Wiring #324-325 (1).pdf

Monstrosity

@WHX?? Thanks!