Shooter6.6

Still available?

Shooter6.6

Hello all! Long time lurker first time poster.... been looking around quite a bit and finally picked up a gt 14 with a ark 500 loader and side shoot mower deck.... question is p.o. fabled up a make shift foot hydro control and I didn't knownif matt was still building them and selling...also was curious if anyone has any info on the "brake" circuit.... my pedal goes all the way down with little to no resistance and doesn't kick the trans into neutral so running the loader is a bit of a multi task situation.... any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

Shooter.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

davem1111

I'm not familiar with the GT 14.  I have a GT-1848 here that I've only had for about a week and haven't delved into any of the brake/hydro linkage, but it appears to be similar to my 312-A.  Brake pedal has linkage that goes back to the brake shoe/drum, and when you press the brake there's a switch on the side of the frame panel that it depresses. I think there's also a physical link over to the other side to the hydro control lever.   Lots of manuals here on the site, and I'm sure more helpful people will be dropping in to comment soon. 

I'm also curious about a foot control and was thinking about trying to fabricate one myself. Haven't put much thought into it yet but it doesn't seem too difficult.  I remember I used to use a loader on a small tractor with a shift trans and that was a pain. But maybe not as bad because the clutch does stop you and then you have brakes available on the right foot...

Welcome to the forum as an official poster! :greetings-clappingyellow:

Shooter6.6

Dave, I also thought about just building a better one then i saw all Matt's threads lol and didn't see a reason to build one whe. He has it all figured out, even if I need to replace the hydro cam....no issue lol. I haven't had time to pull sheet metal and really see what's going on and the manuals on here are great they just don't seem to get very technical. Unless I haven't dug deep enough yet to find them.

Thank you, glad to be here 

mrc

hi shooter6.6,  matt still makes them. I just got another kit from him a few months ago. seems he makes them around Christmas time.   back in the day wheelhorse had their own foot pedal kit. a RS member named doc from kentucky used to make an exact reproduction of the wh kit.  I have no experience with the GT14 but a pic would tell me which kit is on your tractor.  or as you say it may be PO fabbed.

regards mike in mass.

Handy Don
2 minutes ago, mrc said:

matt still makes them

When I last PM'd with him, he waits until he has enough orders to do a batch all at once. Get in touch @Shooter6.6 if you are serious.

• Like 2

WHX??

:WRS:

Might be mistaken but Matt's kit may be for only a 520.:confusion-shrug:

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

mrc

shooter6.6,  I just realized that matt's kit is designed for the eaton 1100 tranny.  I believe the GT14 uses a sunstrand tranny.

good luck

mike

Handy Don
10 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Might be mistaken but Matt's kit may be for only a 520.:confusion-shrug:

7 minutes ago, mrc said:

shooter6.6,  I just realized that matt's kit is designed for the eaton 1100 tranny.  I believe the GT14 uses a sunstrand tranny.

good luck

mike

Definitely for the 300, 400, 500 Eaton 1100 models only. Might work with the Eaton 700 since the kit attaches to the intermediate linkage, not directly to the hydro.

Best is to PM him.

mrc

shooter6.6,  another member on here ed kennell has a fabbed system that connects the hand control to a foot pedal via a long rod. he reports good performance with it.

mike

mrc

I should mention that many moons ago I bought matt's personal C161 hydro wh tractor. it has the sunstrand tranny.  matt's kit uses a custom bent rod to connect the pedal to the tranny linkage. the rod has bu-ku bends.  matt had to custom bend the rod to make it all work on the sunstrand equipped C161.  I gave the tractor to my good friend harry. he uses and very much enjoys it to this day as his mower tractor.

roadapples

Ed Kennell

I never made one for a GT, but have made foot controls for my 520, 417, and 312s.       All are Eaton 1100s and all have the F/R motion lever on the console that I connect to an added right foot pedal.

The existing left pedal still moves the transmission to nuetral and applies the brake.        I removed any nuetral detant and the pedal is spring loaded to the rear.

Operation is simple;

push brake to start engine in nuetral

raise left pedal and puse right pedal for forward

allow right pedal to lift for reverse.

Safety issue

The tractor is automatticaly in reverse if no pedals are pushed , so the brake pedal must be pushed to start. the engine.

A nuetral safety switch could be added to the starting circuit, but it was never an issue for me as I always set my brake when parking a tractor, so they are always in nuetral when I start them up.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 4

953 nut

Unlike the eaton 1100 the Sundstrand on your GT-14 has no physical braking mechanism, just the transmission going into neutral causing hydraulic locking. The linkage from the food pedal to the left side of the transmission operates a cam, the cam should move the motion control lever to the neutral position. Wish I had a picture of this to share with you. Perhaps @daveoman1966 can be of further help, he is the Sundstrand man here.

Achto

Shooter6.6

953, thank you for the info. A pic would help tremendously if anyone would be able to get one or have one. Thanks!

gt14rider

20220511_111534.jpg.4a2cde9662e6fa3ae70f7e5bc910c824.jpg

20200215_191027.jpg

20200222_201026.jpg

• Excellent 1