JCM

Musical Instruments

rmaynard

Great thread. As a child I played piano. Took coronet lessons in 4th grade for one school year. In senior year I took up the baritone ukulele. In the Coast Guard I played bass guitar in a band we threw together. Only instruments I still have are the bass and the ukulele. I always wants to play the 5-string banjo and be in a bluegrass band. Never happened never will.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

I took lessons as a kid.  Never did become a musician but when I'm alone, I pick on my Martin DX1K Dreadnought.

I'm not sure where my son Mike and his two sons Reed and Jake got the talent.

Jake is a music major at Gettysburg College.   

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Maz91
7 hours ago, JCM said:

Very, Very nice @Maz91 and Thank you for your input on this thread.     :thumbs: 

Absolutely! Thanks for inviting me over. Playing music has always been my #1 interest. I am jealous of your guitars that you have had for my entire life, and the vintage Martin!  I have done pretty well getting some absolute deals on amazing instruments over the years, so I can’t complain!! Hope to see some more people jump in with some pics!

Where are the drummers?! I vote we get a redsquare band going! The Wheelhorses seems like an obvious name! I’ve been dying to jam some good old rock n roll with people.

• Haha 1

Maz91

The top on that R9 is absolutely out of control. What a beauty. Oh man I’d love for a chance to crank up that jtm45 and play the main riff from all right now haha. Jealous!!!

On 1/31/2024 at 7:18 PM, Reddart said:

IMG_6548.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Reddart
1 minute ago, Maz91 said:

The top on that R9 is absolutely out of control. What a beauty. Oh man I’d love for a chance to crank up that jtm45 and play the main riff from all right now haha. Jealous!!!

Thanks! It’s also a nice comfortable 8.0lbs. That makes it good on my aging back. 

That JTM45 half stack is definitely my desert island rig. Though I mostly play my 10W Univox as it is more portable and has enough power for practice and small gigs. 

• Like 1