peter lena

@GT14  looks good , makes sense to me , another thing that I  have  similarly  used on all my hitches is the  ball hitch , letting me quick swap any of my towable units  . good job, pete

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Nice work. 👍

• Like 2

GT14

Have had a chance to test it out and I am very pleased with the performance.

Mounting the ball to the left of the bracket allows me the see the coupling when I line up to connect.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, GT14 said:

Mounting the ball to the left of the bracket

Saw you'd done that. 

Nice idea.  

• Like 2

CodyP

heck yeah man looks awesome and I'm glad she performs well and it is rather frustrating trying to line up so great job killed 3 birds with one stone 

• Like 1

davem1111

That's looks handy, and well made!    I just posted in another thread about wanting to make a bracket to mount a winch on the front.  I'm curious about the 2 vertical tabs in the middle of your crossbar - did you use an old mule for this and leave the adjusting mechanism in place?  I am making the bracket from scratch and am wondering about any design issues I might have.

• Like 1

Handy Don
On 4/21/2022 at 9:14 AM, GT14 said:

Had and old class 1 solid bar hitch laying around and decided to put it to use. Cut 5 inches off it and used that for my gusset.

IMG_E3737.JPG

Using an old mule and leaving the adjuster is quick and handy. Do give thought to how the adjuster, in this case, is supporting the weight on the ball. It is pushing against the center of a slim rod spanning the two sides of the Attach-a-Matic. No worries for modest loads, but with a heavy load on the ball, expect that rod to bend.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Just for reference here is one I purchased… works quite well. I like it’s connections to reduce what @Handy Don notes above…

1F7209E5-7491-4432-82D0-9CAE96A303A6.jpeg

ABB16A10-F140-4EBF-AC3C-EF03615FAFFA.png

• Like 3

Handy Don
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Just for reference here is one I purchased… works quite well. I like it’s connections to reduce what @Handy Don notes above…

1F7209E5-7491-4432-82D0-9CAE96A303A6.jpeg

Nice design and execution that places the support arms against the backplate of the hitch body. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3

GT14
19 hours ago, davem1111 said:

That's looks handy, and well made!    I just posted in another thread about wanting to make a bracket to mount a winch on the front.  I'm curious about the 2 vertical tabs in the middle of your crossbar - did you use an old mule for this and leave the adjusting mechanism in place?  I am making the bracket from scratch and am wondering about any design issues I might have.

Yes I used an old mule drive and left it intact so that a mower can still be used.  Nice receiver mount you have there.

• Like 1

GT14
19 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Using an old mule and leaving the adjuster is quick and handy. Do give thought to how the adjuster, in this case, is supporting the weight on the ball. It is pushing against the center of a slim rod spanning the two sides of the Attach-a-Matic. No worries for modest loads, but with a heavy load on the ball, expect that rod to bend.

Yes that is something I will keep an eye on. The heavyist  thing I will move is a log splitter (main reason I made it). The old WH mules are pretty well built.

• Like 1