LawnRanger Guy L-107

Problem with reverse on Lawn Ranger.

LawnRanger Guy L-107

Hello. I am new here and I just bought a Lawn Ranger L-107. (With a recoil engine. If it had electric start it would be the L-157). I had bought it for an extremely low price. Since I had it, it doesn’t want to go into reverse gear. All the other three gears work perfectly but the reverse won’t go in. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

Have you changed the oil in the transaxle yet? When you change gears to the forward speeds does the shift lever move smoothly? Our transmission expert @stevasaurus may be able to add some guidance, It could be a matter of adjustment of the dog-point screw as shown in the attached thread.

Edited by 953 nut
fat finger
  • Like 3

rmaynard

Take a look at some of the tutorials and info in this section. 

However, if were mine, I would drain the oil and fill with kerosene or diesel fuel and run it around for a few minutes to see of the reverse shifting fork frees up. Then refill with proper oil. If you are handy with tools, taking the transmission apart is not a big deal. Lots of used parts and advice available.

• Like 3

ri702bill

Draining the Unidrive - to get it to completely drain, you need to raise the front of the mower to allow the fluid trapped forward of the internal hump in the case to get by. About a foot or so will do it.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Before you do anything, take a good look at your transmission.  Is it clean??  Does it look like someone has been in there??  Is your shifter sloppy??  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

roadapples

WHX??

:text-welcomewave:

Achto