Achto

867 Rehabilitation

Handy Don
59 minutes ago, Achto said:

I used to just have an argument between "me" and "myself". Then I found it necessary to drag "I" in for a tie breaker. The winners gets to have the final say as always, and have a drink to celebrate. The loser is left to drink away his sorrow.:D

Aren't there two losers? 🙃

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
49 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Aren't there two losers? 🙃

Not necessarily.

If there's two parties of the three parties involved and the third party of the three parties is still part of the first three parties then in reality all the parties win even though one party lost or two parties lost

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

857lover
On 3/20/2022 at 8:45 PM, Achto said:

One other good/GREAT note. My parts finally came in for my engine :greetings-clappingorange:. I dropped the engine off at my machinist on Monday and was able to pick it up on Thursday, so I was able to paint the block today as well.

IMG_20220320_155052515.jpg.80ffc2c199f27a35a3440025b057f98c.jpg

Assembly time is right around the corner now. :thumbs2:

that engine is looking so fresh!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44
10 hours ago, Achto said:

All of the parts received 3 coats of sand able filler primer, in my case this was a 2k urethane gray primer. 

IMG_20220320_073403319.jpg.cde8b629d6e458b94f45654c0e09aa06.jpg

When you say 3 coats do I understand that to mean 3 full wet coats plus you initial tack coat and 2nd partial coat. 

• Like 1

Achto
19 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

When you say 3 coats do I understand that to mean 3 full wet coats

3 full wet coats, then a light mist of red oxide primer out a spray can after it dries for the guide coat. It did get one coat of self etching primer before the 3 coats of urethane was applied.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44

Very nice, I'm certainly interested to hear how that moto chrome works out!

Since your almost done, can I drop a couple of engines needing rehab off at your place!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:eusa-clap:

• Like 2

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Achto said:

With any luck the chrome paint and the high out put LEDs will be an improvement

Absolutely will help. 

On Trina's main worker 867 Pigpen she sprayed the headlamp bucket Bright Copper (partially to get a brighter background and partially to match the front weight bracket). 

Definitely a noticable difference.  

• Like 2

rjg854

You must already know that the LED bulbs a vast improvement over the original incandescent bulbs  :ychain:

• Like 3

squonk

During a lighting upgrade at the hospital they installed reflector material in the led ceiling lights. Some locations it was too much so they had to come out. Of course I scarfed it! :lol:

Skonk_lights_002.thumb.JPG.0ed480acad1e7

Skonk_lights_003.thumb.JPG.8b27bb8920a8a

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

Achto
22 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Since your almost done, can I drop a couple of engines needing rehab off at your place!

I'm usually home by around 4:30, feel free to stop by. :) 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

kpinnc

Very nice! :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
13 hours ago, Achto said:

Got this far on it

Yer makin a monkey out of all of us! So what you started this on 2/12 and its this far already?!?!? Told you guys he gets tunnel vision on a resto! 

Is that the original muffler Dan? Looks to be one of those 1" small pepper pot unobtaniums? 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Achto
24 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

So what you started this on 2/12 and its this far already?!?!? Told you guys he gets tunnel vision on a resto! 

Is that the original muffler Dan? Looks to be one of those 1" small pepper pot unobtaniums? 

Started on 2/12. I'm running behind, was hoping for a 4 to 6 week turn around.

Yes, that's the original muffler, one of the harder ones to get. It rattles a little bit when you shake it. If that happens while its running, I'll take it back off & see if I can tack weld the baffle some how.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

TJ5208

Why not a stack.

• Like 1

WHX??
3 minutes ago, Achto said:

see if I can tack weld the baffle some how.

If not I have a large diameter tubing cutter. Cut it apart re-gizzard it and weld it back together? Wouldn't be for lack of trying to save it. All of my '67s have the large pepper pot which of course are aplenty but I just like them small ones with a 1" inlet. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
1 minute ago, TJ Salyers said:

Why not a stack.

Originality TJ and me thinks Dan has enough tractors that are "stacked" in his favor! :D

• Haha 2

Achto
2 minutes ago, TJ Salyers said:

Why not a stack.

Staying closer to original with this one. Specially seems I already have the original muffler. I had to find a muffler like this one for my 701. It was one of the more pricey items on that build.

• Like 4

dclarke

You sure do good work, Dan! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Curious,  What's the diff between that pepper shaker and what you can get at Tractor supply?  Dia? Length? I have some NOS 3/4" pepper shakers I wish I could find a use for.

• Like 1

Achto
33 minutes ago, squonk said:

What's the diff between that pepper shaker and what you can get at Tractor supply?  Dia? Length?

I

Can't seem to find the dimensions for the older small block pepper shaker with a 1" inlet. I can measure the one on my 701 when I get home from work. They are the same out side dimensions and shape as this one made by Oregon that has the 3/4" inlet. 

https://forestdepot.com/35-008-muffler-tecumseh-kohler?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzsik1bHp9gIVKvHjBx3SUgRmEAQYAiABEgLfSvD_BwE

This add has the dimensions for the new readily available pepper box with the 1" inlet.

https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-35-006-Muffler-Replaces-Stratton/dp/B0018U04WK/ref=asc_df_B0018U04WK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167152075853&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9414308703612342658&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019446&hvtargid=pla-308696059389&psc=1  

• Like 1