Dylan2342

1990s 520H Transmission Swap

Dylan2342
3 hours ago, davem1111 said:

I'll pay you $200 for the 700 including shipping. If for some reason the packing & shipping is more expensive or more trouble than justified by that price, we can discuss. And again, I'm not in a hurry. (Maybe you can use the box & packing from the 1100 when you get it, to ship the 700.)

I actually really like the expansion foam idea. I agree to that. I will let you know when I get the opportunity to package it and we can private message the details. In the meantime, I will let the thread know when the new used 1100 comes in and how it runs. At this point I am a pro at taking this 1100 on and off this tractor lol

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Dylan2342

The new Eaton 11 I got from eBay did the trick. I did laps around my house and checked forward and reverse. Now I can get ready to plow the next snow storm! The other benefit is I have a perfect box to package the Eaton 7 in for shipping. Oh and as you can see from the photos, the front tires are in dire need of replacing. Those are soap bubbles around the rim.

20220225_193346.jpg

20220225_193332.jpg

• Excellent 4

Handy Don
7 hours ago, Dylan2342 said:

Those are soap bubbles around the rim.

LOL!

Congrats! Glad its back working for you. You're now among the Eaton experts, right?

Jeff-C175
10 hours ago, Dylan2342 said:

front tires

Can you simply tube them?  Looks like plenty of tread.

Bead leakage can often  be repaired by cleaning the bead and using bead sealer.

Edited by Jeff-C175

Dylan2342
10 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Can you simply tube them?  Looks like plenty of tread.

Bead leakage can often  be repaired by cleaning the bead and using bead sealer.

tubing sounds like a decent plan. along with the bead there is some dry rot air bubbles elsewhere. the leaking tire and cleaning the carb are really what is left. I plan on regularly checking those hub locking screws though to prevent the axle splitting again.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
10 minutes ago, Dylan2342 said:

some dry rot air bubbles elsewhere

I thought about tubing mine but the dry rot was a problem.  There were radial cracks in both front tires about an inch from the bead that surely would have torn through with a tube inside.  Not much 'structure' left to the tires!

Sometimes it's best to just fit new tires, but if yours are leaking at the bead that badly, I wouldn't be surprised if you find a fair amount of rust inside...

Captain Rust
On 2/21/2022 at 12:16 PM, davem1111 said:

Anyone know if a C175 transaxle (entire assembly) will fit on a 312-A?  If so, any challenges with drive belt/idler/pulley or wheel height and fenders, etc.?  I may be able to pick one up for about the same cost as a used Eaton 700, and with this modification I could add hydraulic accessories if I wanted to, right?

Or this?  "OEM Toro COMPLETE HYDRO TRANSMISSION 108368 108369 fit Work Horse D1-184801 1848"  "Fits Wheel Horse C-81 C-85 C-105 C-125 C-145 C-165 C-175 310-8 312-8 314-8 314-A 416-8 417-A GT-1142 GT-1100 GT-1642 GT-1600 GT-1848 GT-1800"    If I drive about 2 hours from here I could pick up this for about $250.

Where are you located Dave?  I have a good Eaton 700 + transaxle from a 516H.  I’m in the Charlotte area of NC.   Free to you if it’s worth the drive (doubtful considering gas prices but up to you.)  PM me if interested.  

Greg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

davem1111
On 3/13/2022 at 11:36 AM, Captain Rust said:

Where are you located Dave?  I have a good Eaton 700 + transaxle from a 516H.  I’m in the Charlotte area of NC.   Free to you if it’s worth the drive (doubtful considering gas prices but up to you.)  PM me if interested.  

Greg

Greg, just saw this.  I bought the 700 from Dylan, and am just finishing the install.  I'm in Bloomington, IN, so I probably wouldn't have made that drive even if I hadn't gotten this one, but if I get over that way in the future and you still have it, I may be interested. I foresee more of this kind of tinkering in my future... B) Thanks!