ti-jean

Poor spark at starting

stevasaurus

I know the problem is at the start...but that is not what the video is about...  Is it???  :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

ti-jean
4 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

@ti-jean  Have you tried a gas additive??  Might just be a little carbon build up...maybe running a little rich because of it.  Try some Sea Foam gas treatment in the gas tank.  Sea Foam is the best there is.  Don't mess with anything else.  Run it for a while, and try running it a little leaner.  Idle down the engine before you shut it down...that could cut down on the back-firing.  The engine actually sounds pretty good.  No compression problem, I think.  :thumbs:

Yes Sea foam i will try but it  still poor spark on plugs at starting 😉

Edited by ti-jean
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Try the Sea Foam, lean out the carb, run it a while, idle down at shut off and then see if it starts easier at cold start.  Also, see if your back-fires go away.  :occasion-xmas:

• Thanks 1

stevasaurus

You still may have to check your grounds for corrosion...all of them.  Do not be cheap on the Sea Foam...use a little more then it calls for.  This may take some time running to clean things, do different speeds, and use it in your gas can from now on to keep things clean.  Might take a tank or 2.

Disclaimer...I do not own stock in Sea Foam.  I have used it in my vehicles and horses for over 10 years, and I have not had any issues with my fuel can or the carbs.  I have a 2 gallon gas can for the horses, that I throw in about 4 oz each time I fill up the can.  That can will sometimes last me all summer or winter.  I also have only used 10% ethanal all the time.  I can't get gas without ethanal around me.

• Like 2

pfrederi
59 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

.  I have a 2 gallon gas can for the horses, that I throw in about 4 oz each time I fill up the can.  That can will sometimes last me all summer or winter.

Steve 2 gallons doesn't even cover one whole mowing for me....  Those K341s get thirsty with 48" deck and heavy grass:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ti-jean
4 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Steve 2 gallons doesn't even cover one whole mowing for me....  Those K341s get thirsty with 48" deck and heavy grass:P

No grass here but snow ... alot of it all so -19 🥶🤪

ti-jean
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

I know the problem is at the start...but that is not what the video is about...  Is it???  :confusion-confused:

I know it was just to show peopel that said ; the problem at start is this that all kind of thing but the tractor would run  this way as show on the video i dont know if you understand what I mean lol sorry 😂

Edited by ti-jean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ti-jean
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

You still may have to check your grounds for corrosion...all of them.  Do not be cheap on the Sea Foam...use a little more then it calls for.  This may take some time running to clean things, do different speeds, and use it in your gas can from now on to keep things clean.  Might take a tank or 2.

Disclaimer...I do not own stock in Sea Foam.  I have used it in my vehicles and horses for over 10 years, and I have not had any issues with my fuel can or the carbs.  I have a 2 gallon gas can for the horses, that I throw in about 4 oz each time I fill up the can.  That can will sometimes last me all summer or winter.  I also have only used 10% ethanal all the time.  I can't get gas without ethanal around me.

For the ground where i should see them all 🤔

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Not really familiar with your set-up.  Battery ground, both ends.  Engine to frame.  Starter mounts and connections there.  Solenoid, if you have one.  Points, condenser and coil...if you have one.  Any of which could be sapping your power for spark.  Take connections apart and sand or wire brush clean and re-connect.  Use No-ox on connection after to stop corrosion.  

• Like 1

RetroMower
6 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

I also have only used 10% ethanal all the time.  I can't get gas without ethanal around me.

Non ethanol gas is severely overtaxed to hopefully curb and decrease its usage. I have 1 place to acquire regular gasoline and its $1.50 more than the crap with 10% ethanol 

• Like 1

ti-jean

Today i was surching and i se something one a a fuse beside the starter olso the fuse was blow what is for the fuse holder location is on the front cylinder head close to starter thank's

• Like 1

RED-Z06
35 minutes ago, ti-jean said:

Today i was surching and i se something one a a fuse beside the starter olso the fuse was blow what is for the fuse holder location is on the front cylinder head close to starter thank's

I don't have any other fuses besides the ones in front of the battery tray on my 416.  Did this look like a factory fuse or an add-a-fuse?

• Like 1

ti-jean
1 minute ago, RED-Z06 said:

I don't have any other fuses besides the ones in front of the battery tray on my 416.  Did this look like a factory fuse or an add-a-fuse?

yes it is a factory 

• Like 1

kpinnc

Disregard. 

Edited by kpinnc

Snoopy11
On 1/19/2022 at 1:57 PM, ti-jean said:

poor spark on plugs

@stevasaurus... :ychain: :text-bravo:

Sounds like a bad coil and/or bad plug wires.

Could be the snap ring in the plug/plug cap has come apart, and spark is jumping the gap, causing poor spark.

My diagnostics on that would be... ohming out the spark plug wire by placing one wire from multimeter on the coil, and one wire from the multimeter inside the spark plug boot. See if it has resistance. I can't remember what it should read, right of the top of my head... I would have to research. But I would say, if it has any resistance at all, that is a good sign... but it doesn't count out the secondary coil. Any time you have poor spark, anything from the coil... to spark plug wires... etc... are suspect. Could even be a bad spark plug...

That gets pretty technical... pretty quickly... so... if you don't have experience doing all of that... you may just want to buy a new coil... with plug wires. :rolleyes:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11

ti-jean
2 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Sounds like a bad coil and/or bad plug wires.

Could be the snap ring in the plug/plug cap has come apart, and spark is jumping the gap, causing poor spark.

My diagnostics on that would be... ohming out the spark plug wire by placing one wire from multimeter on the coil, and one wire from the multimeter inside the spark plug boot. See if it has resistance. I can't remember what it should read, right of the top of my head... I would have to research. But I would say, if it has any resistance at all, that is a good sign... but it doesn't count out the secondary coil. Any time you have poor spark, anything from the coil... to spark plug wires... etc... are suspect. Could even be a bad spark plug...

That gets pretty technical... pretty quickly... so... if you don't have experience doing all of that... you may just want to buy a new coil... with plug wires. :rolleyes:

Don

the plug cable are ok I remove and and  test on my thecumshe engin so It will be the first time I seen a coil working on haft most time they stop at 100'% but nothing is impossible so before buying anything I will borrow a coil and condenser  from a friend thank 😉👍

• Like 1

Snoopy11
8 minutes ago, ti-jean said:

the plug cable are ok I remove and and  test on my thecumshe engin so It will be the first time I seen a coil working on haft most time they stop at 100'% but nothing is impossible so before buying anything I will borrow a coil and condenser  from a friend thank 😉👍

Okay, have you looked at the magnets on the flywheel? How do they look? Is there a lot of rust on the flywheel? :confusion-confused:

Sometimes excessive rust on the flywheel and magnets can cause weak spark. Cleaning the flywheel and magnets sometimes helps with this. :)

Don

Edited by Snoopy11

ti-jean
1 minute ago, Snoopy11 said:

Okay, have you looked at the magnets on the flywheel? How do they look? Is there a lot of rust on the flywheel? :confusion-confused:

Don

Oh! ok good idea it will.next thing because for now i am on my 2008 duramax truck changing my turbo one thong atvthe time 😉👍

• Like 1

Snoopy11

My only other suggestion would be verifying gap on coils. They should be a business-card width from the flywheel. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Don

• Like 1

ti-jean

Thank's all probleme fix like i remembre last summer i replace the auxiliary selenoid so I mix a wire from bothem selenoid to lower starter conector now full charging battery and start at first crink  thank again :handgestures-thumbupright: