Mickwhitt

What you do, in 2022

Pullstart

I get to practice my plumber’s crack tonight.  The kids are great at not cleaning the traps in the sink, then shoving stuff down.  Well, a series of no less than 4 90’s are in this 1-1/2” drain before it hits the main stink pipe.  Some day, when I get the hankerin’ to do a year long kitchen renovation, I’ll upgrade to 2”.  I can’t think of any drain that should be less than 2” come to think of it.  

2F2FFEFB-DFE9-4459-88C1-6A358BBA7610.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

I made it about 8 or 9 feet in, lots of sludge knocked out/loose but got hung up at the last elbow.  The snake is too flexible to spin it past one more 90.  Flushing a few times with big bowls of SUPER HOT water seemed to do the trick!  

It’s been a hot minute since I saw a swirly in this sink!

F5795EA7-375D-4E5B-8A12-9F3731FF136E.jpeg

• Like 1

8ntruck

Had my plumber snake out today, too.  Got home from running errands, and discovered water on the basement floor when I took the water softener salt downstairs.  The water softener and washing machine drain into a dry well.  I remember hearing the water softener backwash this morning.  That was the source of the water.  Turns out that the pipe to the dry well is not buried very deep.  With the recent cold weather, the pipe froze up.  The snake could not break through.  The water softener is in bypass mode and shut off.

This now becomes a project for next summer.  Dig up the line to the dry well and figure out what to do.  Probably set the dry well deeper, and run larger diameter pipe to it.  Goodey, goodey.

• Like 2

Pullstart

I performed my third wedding as a licensed minister tonight.  They did it, we went through with the weddin’!  To be clear, I married them, they didn’t marry me. :ROTF:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

I had the plow on the truck to push the next customer vehicle in and decided I should doze the drive a bit.  There were some good ruts and holes along and most are smoothed out at least for now.

D2F1D42B-8E21-4BF1-B162-00B0FB7927BE.jpeg

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:angry-tappingfoot: @Pullstart

That is a :wh: job…

Outsourcing jobs again…?!?!? :law-policeblue:

Looks good though! :eusa-clap:

• Like 2

Pullstart
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

That is a :wh: job…

Outsourcing jobs again…?!?!? :law-policeblue:

Looks good though! :eusa-clap:

Being crushed asphalt, it gets pretty rigid.  I had the truck in 4x4 to get it peeled off.  I could though go back and fine tune with a belly blade… 

• Like 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Better yet Sylvia, you know how to find me.  I’ll set you up on a real choice machine and let you grade my drive as long as you’d like, or until the can’s outta gas -whatever comes first.  :orcs-cheers:

• Haha 1