Pullstart

Small victories and near misses, the life of a PullStart

Pullstart

Hey y’all, it’s been a while since I stepped up to this plate!  :lol:

Today, I was cleared of rehab!  :banana-linedance:

Rewind.  Rehab?  Two days after returning from the Big Show this year, we were playing on our two day old trampoline and it was suggested that I try a backflip.  After a quick contemplation, and being that I’ve been afraid of it all my life but that young boy in Puerto Rico convinced me to try it off a rope swing, I was in.  Well, 2/3rds of a backwards-ish rotation, my right shoulder extended in a direction it isn’t natural to go, and I promptly realized my “no regerts” attitude is destined to be a nail in my coffin some day.  After about 5 months, I decided I can no longer “walk it off” as it was still bugging me.  Messing with the kids in the pool, tossing a ball, the occasional good golf swing, they all bugged me.  The doc who was already younger than me suggested nothing is torn or broken, just some physical therapy is in order.  So, after 4 weeks of a personal trainer at an expensive medical gym, my range of motion, throwing a ball (still have terrible aim), plank exercises, I’ve been cleared as good as I’ll get.

Now, after that success, I’ve got some deer to process.  Cleaning my knives quick for a reshaped, I freggin’ almost filet my finger!  It’s deep enough to realize that was dumb and shallow enough that I don’t have to admit my fault to the family!  :ROTF:  

Stay safe out there.  You never know when a trampoline or buck knife is gonna give ya hell!

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2
  • Sad 6
  • Heart 1

Snoopy11

I hate trampolines... :( ...so dangerous... :( ...why did you do a backflip...??? :( ...we don't want you to get hurt no more, @Pullstart :(

Maybe... you just need to... take a break... :scratchead: :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Don

• Haha 2

stevasaurus

Kevin, I think there is a rubber........................................................................wait for it.............................................................room in your future.  :confusion-confused:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Snoopy11
Just now, stevasaurus said:

Kevin, I think there is a rubber........................................................................wait for it.............................................................room in your future.  :confusion-confused:

rubber........................................................................wait for it.............................................................room

1574683735_rubberroom.jpg.25b05aab9ab61af617f9311128250d97.jpg

Don

• Haha 5
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

:auto-ambulance:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
58 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

rubber........................................................................wait for it.............................................................room

1574683735_rubberroom.jpg.25b05aab9ab61af617f9311128250d97.jpg

Don

Is that what heaven looks like?  :lol:

• Haha 3

JAinVA

Kev,

You are my hero. A lot of your elders fret over the up and coming generations. It is comforting to know you youngsters do the same dumb stuff we did. Be safe if you dare. Luck,JAinVA

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

AMC RULES

:eusa-think:  Was thinking Kevin...

as our very own :rs:poster child for what not to do....

Screenshot_20211201-184314_Google.jpg.57685be6c73f261e2ccaba26386725ab.jpg

you should have them girls of yours make you up a set of these for every day of the week and then, in the name of safety...

make sure you never leave out of the house without them on, and a back up set in the truck.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

Don’t forget the…

image.jpeg.e71bc87b306a9fa1340fa7ff6920474a.jpeg

Safety first! :tools-hammerdrill:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 5

EB-80/8inPA
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Is that what heaven looks like?

Short answer:  No.  Not even close.  But look on the bright side; in a few years you’ll be able to do a great job predicting inclement weather!  That’s the most positive spin I can offer.  Take care of yourself Mr. HosenPuller, the world (among others) needs more people like you, and I say that with all the sincerity a geezer can muster having never shaken your hand.  You bring a lot to the party.  I wish you a full recovery.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

@EB-80/8inPA if you’re going to the big show next year, you can be sure to shake my hand then!  I even offer free rides on any machine of mine that you can start!  (Here’s the disclosure part) It may be a good idea to verify I don’t have broken hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder or anything else that would affect a good handshake!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

8ntruck

Kevin seems to be at that delicate age, where his mind is writing  checks that his body cannot cash.

Some of us realize that we are at that age sooner than others.........

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, 8ntruck said:

Kevin seems to be at that delicate age, where his mind is writing  checks that his body cannot cash.

Some of us realize that we are at that age sooner than others.........

Story of my life, from day 1.  

• Haha 1

EB-80/8inPA
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

(Here’s the disclosure part)

Once my wife explained to her brother how many of my friends had died (hint, just about all of them), he told her that, with respect, he didn’t want to be my friend.  Inlaws!  Sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Achto

I think this is quite fitting for those of us who are not afraid to push the limits. :D

23388308_0.png

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 4

Snoopy11
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:eusa-think:  Was thinking Kevin...

Screenshot_20211201-184314_Google.jpg.57685be6c73f261e2ccaba26386725ab.jpg

:wicked:... You are as bad as I am...

:laughing-rolling:

Don