JDEVO

Snow Thrower Help

JDEVO

Just bought a 314 - 8 speed (Model 73400) and I am in love with this tractor. I have no manuals.

I want to buy a snow thrower (Model 6-3211) 

Does anyone know if this blower will fit my tractor?

Sorry just found the chart at the start of this thread. If I am reading it right. IT WILL NOT FIT. Can anyone confirm that?

Edited by JDEVO
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

OK, I am going to point you to our "Manuals Section" on the main page.  From there, you can find the Manuals you need for your horse.  If you open this link, it will show you what attachments work with your tractor.  Welcome to Red Square.  :occasion-xmas:

stevasaurus

Please, ask any questions you still have.  :orcs-cheers:

roadapples

:WRS:

JDEVO

hello, to all of you. I am very happy to be here and cant wait to use my wheel horse to its full abilities. I have looked at the implements and attachments and as far as I can tell my tractor and snow thrower WILL NOT be compatible. But, I wasn't confident that I was reading the chart correctly. Thank you for the help and all the welcomes. I look forward to learning with you all

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

This link will take you to the 73400 info. Two pages of search results.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?&q=73400&type=downloads_file&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

The first 2 digits of the serial number reversed is the model year. 39 = 1993

Jeff-C175

@JDEVO

Without researching further I can't directly answer your question but I can tell you that with modifications pretty much any blower can be made to fit any tractor.  The modifications typically require cutting and welding the mounting frame and be!t idler.

I just did this and mated a 1969 blower to my 1980 tractor.  If you're interested in what was involved I can post a link to the thread about it, but unless you have a welder, there's no point really.

Ed Kennell

I'm afraid a 63211 blower is designed for a vertical engine tractor and not compatable with your  314-8.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I'm afraid a 63211 blower is designed for a vertical engine tractor and not compatable with your  314-8.

Ohhhhhhh, that changes everything!

Thanks Ed!

JDEVO

wow thanks guys (@ jeff-c175 and @ed kennell) for the info. ummm Anyone know how to explain to the wife, you bought the wrong blower. awww the worst lol.

• Haha 1

jonw440

Just buy another tractor that fits the blower.:wh:

• Haha 1

gwest_ca

JDEVO

lmao,,,,perfect solution,,, throw more money at it. It is a sweet looking tractor,,,umm. She would kill me

Ed Kennell

So, as Garry has shown, that blower is for a horizontal engine tractor.     Therefore it could probably be made to fit your 314 with some adjustment.

If not, just explain to the Misses,  I knew it wasn't the one I needed, but was so cheap I bought it for an investment and will sell it to pay for the correct blower.

Ed Kennell
9 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Ohhhhhhh, that changes everything!

Thanks Ed!

Garry says it's for a Ranger Jeff.  So it could be made to work.    The blower drive pulley would probably have to be moved to the right to align with the 314s wider PTO.    This would require a new driveshaft and possibly a spacer to move the bearing to the right

pfrederi

Bigger issue would be drive pulley diameter 314 pulley is way bigger than a lawn ranger

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2561.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG

JDEVO

Wow,,,,thank you to all the members that helped me. Really appreciate it. Leading me to the wealth of information in the manuals is just incredible. Thank you ! You guys rock !

Edited by JDEVO
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@JDEVO just asking , were you trying to run that thrower in the picture?  note the auger drive chain set up on the  c175 sitting along side ? that chain should be on the front side of the driven gears , your picture is showing the wrong set up . am i missing something ? pete

pfrederi
26 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@JDEVO just asking , were you trying to run that thrower in the picture?  note the auger drive chain set up on the  c175 sitting along side ? that chain should be on the front side of the driven gears , your picture is showing the wrong set up . am i missing something ? pete

Pete  My pictures of my rigs

Lawn Ranger blowers are different no top idler.  It is chained correctly per the manual.  I am missing the guard but it is hard to find as it is different also....

peter lena

@pfrederi thanks for the heads up on that , was not aware on that blower difference , but when I  did not see the front chain drop , must have been in the twilight zone , pete