MAC(SCW)Doyle

310-8 Uni Drive 5060 parts help

MAC(SCW)Doyle

I have a 310-8 Toro Wheel horse Classic it has the 8 speed Uni drive trans in it I am in search of the High and Second gear part number 5173 and the shift forks part number 3503 can anyone help me as to where I may find them used in good shape

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I have one of the shift forks # 3503 and both shift rails as lilsted on Ebay as this item number:  133821944643

I also MAY have the gear 5173 and will check my shop in the morning. 

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

@stevasaurus is our resident manual transmission expert and can probably help you out with part numbers that could be substituted. You could also give a call lo Lincoln at https://a-ztractor.com/. He is a great guy and probably has what you need. Gaskets and seals can be purchased from Lowell https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product-category/manual-transmissions/

• Like 1

stevasaurus

What makes you think you have a #5060 transmission??  Just asking.  A 310-8 comes with a #110996 transmission which has 1" axles and a 4 pinion differential and it is an 8 speed.  The #5060 has 1 1/8" axles and a 10 pinion differential.

Regardless, those part numbers you list (#5173 for the 2nd & 3rd fork gear and #3503 for the shift forks "only") are the same for both transmissions.  The sources above will do you nicely. 

Know that those shift forks are for the shift rails only.  The shift fork for the Hi/Low mechanism is a different animal.  :occasion-xmas:                                                          

• Like 1

ronwh

:text-welcomeconfetti:You are at the right place for everything Wheel Horse.