Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Time For Reflection

HorseFixer

In the heat of battle or in this case a discussion we can say things we don't mean or can be interpreted in many ways. I can read one thing and it may offend me and another guy can read the same thing and laugh his azz off. :ychain: People are different and there are many different opinions, personalities and ideas also. There are a million ways to do things and who is to say which way is right or wrong. There are many underlying things that may have been said or done elsewhere that may have influenced a person to say certain things. That being said I would like to apologize to Eldon for my part in the things that I said to him. And Kevin your right that was nasty and I was out of line! For the comments on Val-Spar, It is a fine paint and I don't mean to Be Little anyone for using it! If anyone was offeneded by that remark I appologize! :thumbs2:

Ray said it best when he said its all about these little red tractors, Gene made a good point when he said he will be doing this with or without a forum being here for us to enjoy. Maybe it was my turn to be in the barrel :ROTF: the main thing is for us all to learn from these lessons and part as friends. We "ALL" need to think before we post and consider other members feelings. :thumbs:

JimD

Duke my friend, it takes a big man and a good man to do what you just did. I thank you for taking the time to reflect, and for being a member who does the right thing, even when it may mean an apology. You're a good "Doode", and I think more of you for taking the time to keep the peace here. We all have our moments. I'm no Saint either. (I know that will be hard for some to believe) :thumbs2: Ma always told me, " If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing." She did however, neglect to tell me how difficult that might be. :thumbs: I sure wish I could make the show to meet you and the whole gang here, well, maybe next year.

So ya know how important this is to me, remember, I don't use capital letters for just anybody! :ychain:

Sparky

Well said Duke :thumbs2: . I like your style and I'm looking forward to seein ya at the show and shaking your hand.

Mike......

oldandred

Duke just for that you can have a cup of beans on me at the show with a lot of meat (road kill) :thumbs2:

yes yes I know im in trouble again so do you think I care

nope I dont O I wished I could close my own thread

Ok go ahead

Just Piddling

Duke, I can tell you're a very proud man, so I know how hard it was to make that post.

Good job :thumbs2:

kj4kicks

Thanks Duke. Ditto and back atcha! See ya next week, and I promise not to challenge you to a foot race :thumbs2:

Gene_S

Nicely said Duke!!! :thumbs2: Your very right everyone takes what people say differently!!! The hobby is ours to have, ours to keep and no one can tell us otherwise!!! :thumbs: When you get a bunch of very dedicated guys and gals into this hobby of the great Wheel Horse tractor your sure to have a few nuts in the bunch!!! Me being one of them... :ychain:

Thanks,

Gene :ROTF:

kpinnc

I can't top anything said already (especially about the beans and road kill) :thumbs2: , But I greatly appreciate your response Duke. It takes a big man to step up like that, and I appreciate it.

I would also like to extend my apologies. I was in many ways out of line myself, and should not have come down so hard the way I did.

There are many things that show we have a great group of people here- But things like this, even as unfortunate as what led to them was, proves once again the caliber of our members.

Thanks again!

Kevin

KyBlue

hmmm we need a group hug smilie...

well put Duke.. I really wondered what I was gonna log on and find on here tonite...gotta say in the words of Martha Stewart... 'its a good thing'!!

See ya'll at hte show... If there's roadkill...its a good thing im bringin the bbq!

HorseFixer

:thumbs: Thanks :thumbs2:

Suburban 550

All I can say you're a great bunch of guys and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all of you. Duke, you're one hell of a man is all I can say. :thumbs: Hope to see alot of you at the show. :thumbs2:

KyBlue

Duke, dont think your getting outta the public noodle whipping... :thumbs2:

rallysman

Say what you want to say, bash what you want to bash.

I love wheel horse tractors as much as the next guy.......but it's a garden tractor.......not a social movement!!!

I'm on several boards of varying topics and elitists are everywhere!

Forget the keyboard warriors and do what you do for the reason that you do it.

I never thought I'd see a tractor snob..........

This thread toned it down a bit, but, damn.

How can something that brings so many people together tear the same people apart?

give the ego a break!

whfan74

Am I missing something? I am confused rallysman.....

bustedglass

I must have missed what was said, or was going on, cause I don't know what the hell you are all talking about.

All I can say is, this is by far the BEST group on the net, and let's do / say what we have to to keep going :thumbs2: .