peter lena

we just got our third pfizer covid shots

Snoopy11
On 10/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, squonk said:

haul the laminated one around in your glove box

Why?

I am fully vaccinated... but still wear a mask in public just to piss people off... :roll:

Put my vaccine card in my glove box? Nah... if anyone asks me for it... I'll put it somewhere else for them. ☝️ )(

Don

• Sad 1

Stormin

Go for my booster today. As for wearing a mask, I don't outside. For one thing I avoid crowds. If going into a shop, filling station I do out of respect for other people. Just a pity respect is in short supply.

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

peter lena

@Ed Kennell very sorry to hear about your son , do what you can to help in any way , pete

• Like 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

Go for my booster today. As for wearing a mask, I don't outside. For one thing I avoid crowds. If going into a shop, filling station I do out of respect for other people. Just a pity respect is in short supply.

Being vaccinated doesn't affect odds of acquiring or spreading infection. Masks reduce those odds.

I mask in all indoor settings and outdoors where people are in close proximity. I'm trying to model socially responsible behavior and protect me and my family, not antagonize anyone.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

adsm08
1 minute ago, Handy Don said:

Being vaccinated doesn't affect odds of acquiring or spreading infection. Masks reduce those odds.

I mask in all indoor settings and outdoors where people are in close proximity. I'm trying to model socially responsible behavior and protect me and my family, not antagonize anyone.

Nobody has yet explained to me, in a manner that makes any sense, how a mask with 20 micron holes in it can stop half micron virus particles.

AMC RULES

How about,

if nothing else, 

just displaying some consideration for others, besides yourself.

Too much to ask?

20211102_104533.jpg.698976f9ed416573a104d0c6a219a974.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3
  • Heart 6

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Ed Kennell very sorry to hear about your son , do what you can to help in any way , pete

Thank you Pete and everyone.      We have been doing thier grocery shopping and just dropped off meals for several days.

I might add,  Mikes wife Libby lost her only sibling, her 47 yo brother, three years ago.    Her 96 yo Grandfather one year ago.  And now her 72 yo Father last week.

• Sad 1

AMC RULES

:pray:  God bless Libby.

• Heart 1

Snoopy11
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

I said what I said because I got physically and verbally attacked for wearing a mask in Lowes... :unsure:

At that time, I decided that I was going to wear a mask regardless of my vaccinated status. If someone feels that violent about me not wearing a mask, then I must be doing something right. :thumbs:

Don

• Like 2

formariz
On 11/14/2021 at 1:55 PM, Snoopy11 said:

I said what I said because I got physically and verbally attacked for wearing a mask in Lowes... :unsure:

As you all know we had our own encounters with someone objecting us wearing masks. Still constantly we get looks and outright comments regarding it. Sometimes we witness others talking and pointing to us being evident what the topic is. We even get treated differently in some establishments which obviously do not believe in it. We choose immediately after that to no longer frequent such places. It funny how non believers many times say that it is an infringement on their liberties but yet they infringe on my liberty to wear what ever I want . If you don't believe in it , do not wear it and do not frequent places that require it. I do not treat anyone that does not wear one differently when directly interacting with them, so why should I be treated differently? It is my choice as much as it is their choice. I do not want to argue with anyone about the merits or non-merits of it, I just want to to be respected the same way I respect others.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:04 PM, Snoopy11 said:

haul the laminated one around in your glove box

There is a bar code that one carries around such as they do in Europe that can be scanned and have ones vaccination status officially confirmed without the fear of having certificate declare a fake. The App is called "Docket". It contains the bar code and also the records involved with the vaccination including and official document from state in PDF format certifying it.

F2115BB5-68F8-4606-A26D-A458CA0F136E.png.a63aaaab4050740ae5c647b80246daed.png

Edited by formariz
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Handy Don
44 minutes ago, formariz said:

F2115BB5-68F8-4606-A26D-A458CA0F136E.png.a63aaaab4050740ae5c647b80246daed.png

New York has a similar app that holds and display one's "Excelsior Pass" ("Excelsior" is the NYS motto, in case anyone is interested.) You can also make a copy in your "Wallet" app on an iPhone or iPad.  App got a recent upgrade to show the boosters.

I've helped several "senior" friends install the app and get their Pass downloaded.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 1

Snoopy11
1 hour ago, formariz said:

As you all know we had our own encounters with someone objecting us wearing masks. Still constantly we get looks and outright comments regarding it. Sometimes we witness others talking and pointing to us being evident what the topic is. We even get treated differently in some establishments which obviously do not believe in it. We choose immediately after that to no longer frequent such places. It funny how non believers many times say that it is an infringement on their liberties but yet they infringe on my liberty to wear what ever I want . If you don't believe in it , do not wear it and do not frequent places that require it. I do not treat anyone that does not wear one differently when directly interacting with them, so why should I be treated differently? It is my choice as much as it is their choice. I do not want to argue with anyone about the merits or non-merits of it, I just want to to be respected the same way I respect others.

Yes sir. I agree with everything you have said here.

Being 100% vaccinated means nothing when people in your family have died from the virus, as have several people in my family. Last year was extremely hard for my family... and I would do anything I can to prevent more sickness and death. 

And, if it pisses people off, I look at it as a good thing. People NEED to be made to think about these things. That is one of the problems in this modern world... too many people playing 'follow the leader.' 

Don

• Heart 1