bc.gold

City slickers move to the farm

Handy Don

Yep, with those leaves all gone, there's no more painting weather this year--surface will be too cold even if you get a warm day.

bc.gold

Tom purchased a used ATV, last week while I was at the store had locked my keys inside my truck. Borrowed the ATV for the short trip back home to get my spare from Pat.

The ATV pulled hard to the right, told Tom to take measurements front and rear of the tires, the Native dude who had sold him the ATV said it was low tire pressure, but from my observations this was not the issue.

Two evenings ago, Tom crashed the ATV, was so badly injured he had to be flown via the STARS Air Ambulance to Winnipeg.

They finished up with surgery yesterday afternoon, rumor is they may have amputated his left arm.

Edited by bc.gold
  • Sad 4

Handy Don
3 hours ago, bc.gold said:

They finished up with surgery yesterday afternoon, rumor is they may have amputated his left arm.

So sad when this kind of stuff happens. He needs a good injury liability lawyer, pronto.

bc.gold
25 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

So sad when this kind of stuff happens. He needs a good injury liability lawyer, pronto.

First person on the scene saw bone sticking out from Tom's arm, compound fracture.

Tom has been patched up good as new, probably has some extra hardware.

There isn't a lawyer alive that would take on this case, knowing the client like I do, blood alcohol level would certainly have registered over the legal limit.

Unregistered ATV operating on Indian Reservation.

Handy Don

You have more trust in lawyer integrity than I do. :rolleyes:

Being on an Indian Reservation and under tribal jurisdiction is the real show stopper--that case would go nowhere.

In six months, there will likely be a new "Tom Story", right?

bc.gold
10 hours ago, Handy Don said:

You have more trust in lawyer integrity than I do. :rolleyes:

Being on an Indian Reservation and under tribal jurisdiction is the real show stopper--that case would go nowhere.

In six months, there will likely be a new "Tom Story", right?

You can make book on it.

Edited by bc.gold

bc.gold

Elphinstone's newest resident is from British Columbia, single father with 13 year old daughter. He plans to live in this hut, but has no idea of how cold our winters are.

Thought about offering to share my recent purchase of a three bedroom house but soon changed my mind. If the need arises Social Services will intervene on the child's behalf.

Tom's dog - Askim.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold