Digger 66

Late 50's Oliver crawler

Digger 66

Stopped by a buddies house while on our last ride of the 2021 season today .

Had this sitting on the side of his garage .

He says it's a worker but he's having problems with the track-chains.

It's powered by a Continental engine .

Love the custom fabbed canopy & battery box :P

sDZKR1e.png

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 5
  • Heart 1

peter lena

@Digger 66, only thing I can add is that continental engines and related drivetrains  were almost exclusively  military , build up . if that can be center supported , to free up those tracks , and get some free drag run time on them , with a lot of kerosene based  lubricant , you might find the movement issue . pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@Digger 66 , back in the day while in the N/G  we were attached to an aircraft maintenance group , regularly drove and towed heavy equipment to next level replacement  set up . that track reference was a regular part of a recovery on a damaged unit . they would also replace drivetrains with newly rebuilt spare in sealed storage containers . I was a driver transporting  old to new ,rebuilt units , interesting stuff , pete  

oliver2-44

That’s a neat crawler. My Oliver backhoe has a continental 40 hp diesel engine and it still runs great.  The nice thing about continental engines is they were used in all kinds of equipment so parts are still available. Massey Ferguson also used Continental engines. Plus all those grey trailer mounted bullet end welders and Ingersoll air compressors were continental engines. 

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 1