Jimdad85

Looking for pulling parts websites

Jimdad85

First time builder, first time wheel horse owner. Alot of firsts. Recommendations for websites that sell pulling parts. Im sure i can cußtom fab but want to do it right. Hitch, pedal, shifter lock, wheelie bars. Thanks

IMG_20210920_153740.jpg

IMG_20210920_164516.jpg

IMG_20210920_164837.jpg

IMG_20210920_165036.jpg

Achto

Here is one source.

https://mwsc.co/

roadapples

Midwest Cub, I think...

And:WRS:

Dan types faster...

Edited by roadapples

Pete Monteiro

Check your rules first so you dont waste your time. Most stock classes are 23-10.5-12 max rear tire. Your model has 26 I believe. You will need to swap in an 8 speed 1-1/8 ale rearend. I wouldnt use that model horse to pull with. The frame and tins weigh too much. 

• Like 1

Jimdad85

I have to be 1050#, tractor, driver, helmet. There does not appear to beat a tire rule on their page but im emailing the coordinator. Pretty much everyone that pulls there is using a cub with a kohler and a 3sp.

• Like 1

Achto
17 hours ago, Jimdad85 said:

Pretty much everyone that pulls there is using a cub with a kohler and a 3sp.

@Pete Monteiro suggested the 8 speed :wh: transmission because it is stronger. You would most likely never use low range in the 8 speed for pulling. The differential in the 953 and 1054 is not the strongest and may fail when used in harsh pulling conditions.

Besides weight, tires and hitch height are two big advantages in pulling. You want to have the best tires allowed, (26x12x12 actual pulling tires if they are allowed in the stock class). If pulling tires are not allowed then I suggest spending the cash on some Firestone ags, as wide as they will allow. You will want your hitch height as high as they will allow and the closer to the tractor, the better.

If I were to build a serious competitive puller for my area, it would have :wh: sheet metal but it would have a Cub rear end. Pains me to say but the Cub rear end is far superior to a :wh: rear end, plus it is more upgradable.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

Jimdad85

Im sorry pete..you are correct.Screenshot_20210921-171051.png.5b6ab99371131cc75b4ebba54271d418.png

• Like 1

Jimdad85

My one friend is a avid puller and he swears by the Cub cadet rear end as well he has no clue that I have found this tractor and I can only imagine that he will be jumping to drop a Cub cadet rear end in it I don't know how everything else works but they got this little thing that measures the hitch height and everything so they know how to change all that I believe legal tires are 24x10x12 so I'm going to need some new rubber and some new rims I thought about removing some of the heavier wheel horse tin and going to like race car sheeting that way I have more control over where the weight is it would be ashamed to get rid of that cast front clip tho

• Like 1

Pete Monteiro

Its all about weight placement. You can beat the cubs with the 8 speed in most classes. A STOCK 8-speed rearend is STRONGER than a STOCK cub rearend... 

Jimdad85

So would i look for a 8 speed horse rear end? Or is it agtermarket

Achto

Stock Wheel Horse.

Jimdad85

Great thanks. Alot of things i have to do, but thats the fun. I just dont know where to look for things. It has 5 bolt fronts and 4 bolt rears. I wanted to run a narrow 3 ridge on the front like a "big tractor" but havnt got the foggiest

Pullstart

Remember, the 953 has a 4 bolt hub on the rear and most 8 speeds have the common 5 lug hub.  Figure out what trans/hubs you’ll be using before you get wheels :handgestures-thumbupright:

Jimdad85

Thank you. I think im going to run it at least 1 year with the stock tans

Snoopy11

Yeah, I have a midwest super cub pedal... if you have ever seen HellHorse. I love my pedal...

You wantin' some wheelie bars?

I got these... just to lazy to put them on... although, I will say... as long as I stay off the skinny pedal... I don't need them too badly...

Image 1 - New Wheelie bar KIT, billet 5" wheels cub cadet pulling cub Super garden tractor

eBay item number:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11

Jimdad85

I'm not so sure how all the shipping and all that works I would certainly be interested because I need them they sell a pretty standard pedal it looks like I can get about any website including Amazon and I know a lot of the guys that are track use a straight bar hitch which is vertical. Let me know what you what you want to do and we'll go from there thanks Don Jim

Snoopy11
On 9/23/2021 at 7:30 AM, Jimdad85 said:

narrow 3 ridge

Greater Cleveland Tire.

You tell them the size, type, of tire you want... they will have it or get it for you.

Don

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, Jimdad85 said:

I'm not so sure how all the shipping and all that works I would certainly be interested because I need them they sell a pretty standard pedal it looks like I can get about any website including Amazon and I know a lot of the guys that are track use a straight bar hitch which is vertical. Let me know what you what you want to do and we'll go from there thanks Don Jim

You can get a speedway motors pedal for a lot cheaper as well... same exact pedal...

I will see if I can find it... show it to you...

Don

TonyToro

Sorry I missed the early on of this posting.

just checking go see how far along you are? Did you make it get a hitch yet? 

I have 5 pullers now in a few different classes and can help you with needs.

Jimdad85
21 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Sorry I missed the early on of this posting.

just checking go see how far along you are? Did you make it get a hitch yet? 

I have 5 pullers now in a few different classes and can help you with needs.

I have not. Still cleaning an rewiring. I had a guy show me some weelie bars but im not sure how things work on here.so yes, still in need of hitch..weelie bars..pedal..and a thing that locks it in gear..not sure what its called. Also someone asked what the rear end does when its jacked up in gear. One wheel goes one way...one goes the other

TonyToro

Are you pulling in garden stock class?

what I did for a hitch recently was buy off eBay a cub cadet hitch. I welded a bar to the top and drilled two holes into the bar. Those holes mount into the transmission. I welded 2 large nuts to the bottom and that mounts to the stock trailer hitch pit on the transmission. Wheelie bars I have a few different ideas. 2 of them were made with angle iron and bolted to the square axle tubes. One I went the route @Snoopy11 showed. They came from Vogel racing. 
There  are a bunch of shops to get parts from but not specific to Wheel Horse. We have to modify everything. 

Are you on Facebook? There is a WheelHorse puller group there. Lots of great tips and help.

I can send you pictures of what we did if you like.

here is off the top of my head parts shops

zack kerber 

Vogel performance 

lakota racing

midwest super cub

eastcoast pulling parts

TonyToro

For the posi rearend…don’t worry about that. Some guys flip gears to lock the rearend but try it as is. I bet you will have both tires pulling down the track right to the point when you loose traction.

• Like 1

Jimdad85

I do not have favebook, thats my wifes thing. Feel free to send pictures to my email or however you see fit. Im able to weld and customize so not a big problem😊 it would be stock garden. Anyone trying to sell parts, just let me know how it works please

Jimdad85
On 9/28/2021 at 4:30 PM, Snoopy11 said:

Yeah, I have a midwest super cub pedal... if you have ever seen HellHorse. I love my pedal...

You wantin' some wheelie bars?

I got these... just to lazy to put them on... although, I will say... as long as I stay off the skinny pedal... I don't need them too badly...

Image 1 - New Wheelie bar KIT, billet 5" wheels cub cadet pulling cub Super garden tractor

eBay item number:

Don

What were you asking for the wheelie bars?? If you still have them. And how do i go about purchasing them