Fordiesel69

GT-1848 Automatic - What Hydro is it?

Fordiesel69

I got a GT-1848 with a blown engine.  I pulled the tranny and saved it.  It had a hydralic lift and has the oil filter.  So I assume it is the same olde eaton 1100 used on all red horses?  Or does this one have a less durable transaxle bolted to the pumps.

pfrederi

Not an expert in GT series but if it has tranny filter on the left rear then about the only difference might be it has 1" axles and 4 pinion....

c-series don

I can tell you that, that transmission has 1-1/8” axles, bought my Work Horse brand new in 1984 and it’s pretty much indestructible. Ran it for years with ground engaging implements, plus mowing commercially for 8 years. I have close to 20 🤔 of these tractors and that’s the last one I’d sell. I restored it a few years ago. Here it is.  

B6F99329-A834-4C6C-8928-F95726650984.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

Fordiesel69

My gawd is that awsome looking.  We also have a GT-1642 - 8 speed we owned since new and took the rotted 42" deck off and put on a 48".  Still run it frequently.

• Like 2

sgtsampay
On 9/13/2021 at 8:42 PM, c-series don said:

I can tell you that, that transmission has 1-1/8” axles, bought my Work Horse brand new in 1984 and it’s pretty much indestructible. Ran it for years with ground engaging implements, plus mowing commercially for 8 years. I have close to 20 🤔 of these tractors and that’s the last one I’d sell. I restored it a few years ago. Here it is.  

B6F99329-A834-4C6C-8928-F95726650984.jpeg

How many hours do you have on it? With all of that mowing. 

• Like 1

kpinnc

You're correct, it's the Eaton 1100 with black paint. Just like the 300/400/500 series Wheel Horses. 

• Like 1

kpinnc
On 9/13/2021 at 8:42 PM, c-series don said:

I can tell you that, that transmission has 1-1/8” axles, bought my Work Horse brand new in 1984

Don that thing is beautiful! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

c-series don

@kpinnc Thank you, it doesn’t look like it now but that tractor has thousands of hours on it! A true testament to Wheel Horse quality! 

• Excellent 2

c-series don

@sgtsampay The tractor doesn’t have an hour meter, but I sure as heck wish it did! I’m an equipment operator for over thirty years so I’m well aware how hours can add up on a machine (and my body 😂) I’m very confident it has well over 2000 hrs on it. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1