bc.gold

Worse I've seen - refridgeration

bc.gold

Local restaurant discarded a refrigerated preparation table, the pictures below do not require further explanation.

Had they used dryer vent tubeing to bring in air from an outside source they could have gotten many more years of service from this table not to mentioned the savings on electricity.

The soft ice cream machine was a treasure trove of goodies, two single phase 2 hp 1725 electric motors two 3/4 hp motors and a slew of magnetic start switches which came a tad late as I had recently purchased one for my air compressor at $90.00

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

squonk

That's bad but I've seen a lot worse than that. No pictures but at the hospital I worked at they had a refer/freezer right next to the deep fryer. 2 compressors, 2 condensers and 2 fans on top. The night guys were supposed to PM this thing every month. It had stainless covers on the sides so you couldn't see it. I finally get called because the freezer wasn't working. Got on the ladder and if I wasn't a refrigeration guy I wouldn't have known what anything was up there. It was solidly covered with grease, fuzz and who knows what else. There was no way it was going to come off. Even Nu Brite was no match for it. I wanted to replace the entire condenser unit but a whole new refer/freezer was cheaper! 

• Thanks 1

bc.gold
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

That's bad but I've seen a lot worse than that. No pictures but at the hospital I worked at they had a refer/freezer right next to the deep fryer. 2 compressors, 2 condensers and 2 fans on top. The night guys were supposed to PM this thing every month. It had stainless covers on the sides so you couldn't see it. I finally get called because the freezer wasn't working. Got on the ladder and if I wasn't a refrigeration guy I wouldn't have known what anything was up there. It was solidly covered with grease, fuzz and who knows what else. There was no way it was going to come off. Even Nu Brite was no match for it. I wanted to replace the entire condenser unit but a whole new refer/freezer was cheaper! 

Hopefully they replaced it with a new unit equipped with a water cooled condenser.

Edited by bc.gold

squonk
16 minutes ago, bc.gold said:

Hopefully they replaced it with a new unit equipped with a water cooled condenser.

No, but I built a filter enclosure for it and made sure the new unit was cleaned every month like it was supposed too. We had a lot of water cooled units throughout the hospital and management wanted to do away with that if all possible.

bc.gold

If people saw what grows inside the drain tube and the evaporation pan on a frost free fridge they would be totally disgusted. Bleach is your friend.

Handy Don
11 minutes ago, bc.gold said:

If people saw what grows inside the drain tube and the evaporation pan on a frost free fridge they would be totally disgusted. Bleach is your friend.

Amen!

I made myself brushes to clean the tube and the condenser fins and I put an annual reminder in my phone calendar to make sure I don't forget to use them!

Now if only the fridge had an electric roll out from the wall (those things are awkward to roll).

bc.gold
14 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Amen!

I made myself brushes to clean the tube and the condenser fins and I put an annual reminder in my phone calendar to make sure I don't forget to use them!

Now if only the fridge had an electric roll out from the wall (those things are awkward to roll).

These are what you want to install, same as the static stands these are adjustable with a lock nut to secure your leveling efforts.

spacer.png

Edited by bc.gold

squonk

The all plastic condenser fan on my son's fridge is on the fritz. 2 hr. one way trip. I thought the metal unit bearing fan motors were cheeply made but an all plastic one! :shock:

bc.gold
27 minutes ago, squonk said:

The all plastic condenser fan on my son's fridge is on the fritz. 2 hr. one way trip. I thought the metal unit bearing fan motors were cheeply made but an all plastic one! :shock:

Our pets shed their fur and hair we humans shed lint these things accumulate onto the oil lite bushings over time wicking the oil out, lubricate the bushings and make sure the felt around them take up a substantial amount of oil.

Remove the fan blade attach your electric drill to the motor shaft and give it a good work out.

Chances are you'll bring that old motor back to life.

Oil wicking is the main failure on cloths dryer motors, once the bushing dries out the motor start winding burn out,  your fridge fan motor does not use start windings the copper core is basically just an electric magnet with north and south poles.

Edited by bc.gold

Handy Don
46 minutes ago, bc.gold said:

These are what you want to install, same as the static stands these are adjustable with a lock nut to secure your leveling efforts.

Have rollers but they dig dimples in the vinyl flooring.

Got any electric motor versions? :D

bc.gold
48 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Have rollers but they dig dimples in the vinyl flooring.

Got any electric motor versions? :D

You could move that heavy fridge with the wife's vacuum cleaner.

Edited by bc.gold
  • Thanks 2

squonk
2 hours ago, bc.gold said:

Our pets shed their fur and hair we humans shed lint these things accumulate onto the oil lite bushings over time wicking the oil out, lubricate the bushings and make sure the felt around them take up a substantial amount of oil.

Remove the fan blade attach your electric drill to the motor shaft and give it a good work out.

Chances are you'll bring that old motor back to life.

Oil wicking is the main failure on cloths dryer motors, once the bushing dries out the motor start winding burn out,  your fridge fan motor does not use start windings the copper core is basically just an electric magnet with north and south poles.

These motors are all plastic! Bearings are shot in the motor Whirlpool Refrigerator Condenser Fan Motor Part# W10527155 Fits Mod#  Wrf767sdem - Buy W10527155,Condenser Fan Motor,Motor Product on Alibaba.com

• Thanks 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, bc.gold said:

You could move that heavy fridge with the wife's vacuum cleaner.

In our family, vacuuming is men's work.

I will be checking out the AirSled though! Thanks.

• Like 1