Handy Don

Ultimate show goer tractor accessory?

Handy Don

Here in "Implements and attachments" since it could be a handy accessory to your tractors!

I saw this and thought of all you folks doing the long hauls to the shows. While there probably isn't room for more than six tractors in the "garage", they (and you) would be riding' in style! Loading and unloading would be a snap, of course.

Course you could always add a double-decker trailer to tuck into the slipstream behind for your other tractors!

Dialog is in German but the video shows the stuff!

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

I've consulted the BBT about this being a potential Wheelhorse hauler. The answer I got was, "Definitely." 

We may have to start saving our pennies around here...

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH

That is slick!!!

Can’t wait to see @pullstart’s lift system for the magic school bus…!

:techie-hourglass:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Magic bus, now that brings back alot of memories.

• Like 1

troutbum70

Don't have a clue what that fellow was saying in the video, but it sure is an impressive rig. But I will stick with my 5th wheel and pickup, much more affordable for an old retired truck driver.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@pullstart That is an ugly yellow. Paint the sucker.

• Haha 1

Handy Don
12 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

much more affordable for an old retired truck driver

Clearly after a very affluent clientele, not us RS members!

stevasaurus

the Blue Bus...is calling us.   the Blue Bus...is calling us.  Driver, where you takin' us??

Snoopy11
18 hours ago, pullstart said:

image.jpg

Paint it Wheel Horse red, throw some decals on it, you gotchya a good Horse Hauler!

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
14 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

Don't have a clue what that fellow was saying in the video

All I know is that I didn't hear Radpferd in there anywhere. That's German for Wheel Horse.

Yes, I did just google that... :laughing-rolling:

Don

• Haha 4

Handy Don
4 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

All I know is that I didn't hear Radpferd in there anywhere. That's German for Wheel Horse.

Yes, I did just google that... :laughing-rolling:

Don

The gist of what the inventor/seller was saying had to do with the exceptional convenience of not needing to be without personal mobility when you reach your campsite (camping? with this? right!) and how much better to have an auto than even electric bicycles!. Plus not needing to attach, load, tow, and otherwise mess with a trailer. There was also a bunch about how easy it is for the average person to load or unload the vehicle, how the built-in safety sensors and weather-proof enclosure protect the cargo, and, of course, how smart you'd be to own one. Startlingly, there was little mention of the interior fitting out, other than to mention the wide array of options for decor. As expected, no discussion of cost to purchase or operate.

From my very limited knowledge, the cost of registering and insuring a beast like in most EU countries is quite high (that's why a lot of Euro tour buses are registered in Poland, Slovakia, Croatia, and other "lesser economies"). Also, getting a license to operate a vehicle like that in the EU is not trivial with required training and testing--not least because many roads are smaller than we here in the U.S. are used to--especially in built-up areas of cities and towns. Perhaps @Tractorhead can fill us in?.

• Like 2

Handy Don

Thanks, @WHX??, for breaking it to him. I didn't have the heart! :)

• Haha 2

Snoopy11
37 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

The gist of what the inventor/seller was saying... no discussion of cost to purchase or operate.

I mean, yeah, it would be great for guys like me who only have 1 horse (I know... working on getting some more horses in the barn... already got engines ready for them). Coming down to the :wh: show would be easy.

Anyhoo... one day in the years to come I will come down to the show with my horse, let some of you guys see it in person! ...Probably not in lederhosen...

Don 

• Excellent 1

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Thanks, @WHX??, for breaking it to him. I didn't have the heart! :)

Neither did Steve... sitting there in the background... yeah I see you! :wink: 

Probably sitting there laughing his butt off... while I get... :kbutt:

Don

• Haha 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

I mean, yeah, it would be great for guys like me who only have 1 horse (I know... working on getting some more horses in the barn... already got engines ready for them). Coming down to the :wh: show would be easy.

Anyhoo... one day in the years to come I will come down to the show with my horse, let some of you guys see it in person! ...Probably not in lederhosen...

Don 

here’s some Lederhosen… AKA Party Pants!

79764730-ABEC-4097-9500-F3A295883608.jpeg

42259521-5301-424E-BD96-54929ED44894.jpeg

• Haha 6

JoeM

First I love those Basset Hound Ear mirrors!

Second when someone sits down to give you the details......it is going to be expensive!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Speaking of fun RV’s, our toy hauler has been delayed again, until at least September.  I talked to the salesman yesterday about them/the manufacturer sweetening the deal because of the delay.  I asked if they would include the generator offered instead of just generator prep.  Some day, we’ll have a 13’ garage toy hauler!  Some day…

• Sad 3

Achto
17 hours ago, WHX?? said:

from a real German ... @Achto

By heritage only though, all of my great grand parents migrated to the US from Germany. I do wish to visit Germany some day. One stop that would be on the list is a little town that shares my last name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achterberg

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, Achto said:

By heritage only though, all of my great grand parents migrated to the US from Germany. I do wish to visit Germany some day. One stop that would be on the list is a little village that shares my last name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achterberg

There’s a slight chance… We’ve driven through before!  Jil is from Duisburg, just down the road a piece from there!

1565029F-2FE2-442A-A615-6F775C7C47B5.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

I’m actually quite certain I have @Achto  She lives right by this lake with the red dot!

3A3D16FD-DF75-4AF1-97D4-15EC8D2BF056.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Achto

I just might have to stow away in your carry on bag the next time you go to visit her.:lol:

WHX??
1 hour ago, Achto said:

wish to visit Germany some day.

1 hour ago, Achto said:

stow away in your carry on bag

Maybe I best tag along see you don't come back dressed like this.... 'course I do like the head cover Kev.... that would be boss at shows! 

I do have a niece that lives over there. Not sure where. She went over as an exchange student, met a guy, liked it so much she stayed there to continue her college. 

79764730-ABEC-4097-9500-F3A295883608.jpeg.c799002801e560d0afe188a972f9c234.jpeg

Edited by WHX??
  • Excellent 1