nylyon

Special Recognition David Star

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Wow, amazing!  Thank you RedSquare for that small gift to @David Star for such a selfless act as donating an organ!

David, you are a hero and here’s to life treating you as kindly as you’ve done for Howard!

:text-yeahthat:

Well said @pullstart

Amazing gift @David Star…! :bow-blue:

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

Bill D

May God bless David and Howard with speedy recoveries.  

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 6

roadapples

Wonderful thing you've done David. Hope to meet you next year...

• Heart 3

rjg854

No greater act of love is for someone like David to give Howard a kidney.  :bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:

May God bless you both with complete healing with no complications.

• Heart 5

953 nut

I was so touched by David's selfless gift that I shared the story with our minister and he included it as a part of Sunday's sermon. 

David, I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your brother. Thank you for your service to our country and I too look forward to meeting you.

• Heart 9

Alex175

This is truly awe inspiring.  To take a tragic loss, and use it as inspiration to quite literally give a piece of yourself to help save the life of another person is nothing short of amazing.  Best wishes to you both as you recover.

• Heart 4

Daddy Don

No mater who it is in the Militaria or other we were taught to do anything and everything to save your buddy life even if it put you at risk. This has been my moto ever since I got back from the service. David will be well rewarded for his courage and respect for someone else life. Respect is for all to of us to remember. God bless all of us no matter who we are. Great job David  

• Like 1
  • Heart 4

stevebo

Howard is a good man and David is a man who I have much respect for. Great to have both here. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 3

WHX??

953 nut
On 8/13/2021 at 9:16 AM, WHX?? said:

Anyone who reads this account and hasn't got a lump in their through and shed a tear isn't human! 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

WheelHorse520H
On 8/10/2021 at 11:18 AM, David Star said:

Google"Major Richard Star" to learn a little bit about my brother. He was my best friend, best man , and a soldier's soldier even while sick.i truly miss him.

I am sorry about your brother, I can’t imagine losing mine. I googled “Major Richard Star” because I was interested, it sounds like he tried to do some good things for disabled veterans. It is sad that he passed before anything was done to help him.

It was very thoughtful and selfless of you to help a fellow human. Giving an organ for someone else to have a second chance is amazing. For that you have my respect. I saw this on another thread from just after the operation but I am hopeful that you both recover quickly.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

David Star

Thank you all for the very kind words, thoughts and prayers. I started back to work part time this week and Howard and his wife went on a mini vacation (overnight trip). We are both doing well, physically and in good spirits. 

I deployed to Afghanistan twice and my little brother four times....please keep our military in your constant prayers and that they are allowed to get our people home. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 8

19richie66

Glad to hear you both are doing well. It’s a bad situation over there. Thank you for you and your brother for serving. Much respect my friend.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

Thank you for your service.

• Excellent 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, David Star said:

I started back to work part time this week and Howard and his wife went on a mini vacation (overnight trip). We are both doing well, physically and in good spirits.

Thank you for giving Howard the opportunity to enjoy another birthday.        :occasion-cake:

• Heart 1

rjg854

So happy to hear you're both doing well.

I pray you continue to do so.

• Heart 1

WheelHorse520H

Glad to hear your both getting out and about, I hope you both continue to recover quickly.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

RandyLittrell

I truly have a year in my eye right now!! In the age of entitlement and people thinking if nothing but themselves, you are truly a ray of hope in this world!! Bless you David Star!!!

Randy

• Heart 2

Wheelhorse#1

What a awesome thing to do.There is still good people among us.

Bravo David !

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Snoopy11

Wow! How did I miss this?

This is an absolutely wonderful story. Truly amazing.

There are sincerely some good people among us.

Don

• Heart 2

formariz
13 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Wow! How did I miss this?

Never too late to find a good thing. You will appreciate the preciousness of it even more.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2