Uxtractor

Wheel Horse Factory Hitch ?

Uxtractor

Good Day Everyone , I was wondering was the trailer hitch a option ? Mine is a 1969 Raider with no hitch piece my friends B-1 think 1976 has no hitch either, maybe just robbed out over time or you have to buy them separate would make the tractor more useful if I could hitch the trailer .Thanks Mike

rmaynard

I could be wrong, but I don't think Wheel Horse produced a factory "ball" hitch. Only the single hole, and slot hitches. Others have produced very nice after-market hitches. 

• Like 2

Uxtractor

Thanks Maynard my machine has nothing just a mount hole at rear of transaxle ,looks like a one bolt design my friends is the same probably have to make something up as they seem to be in short supply . Cheers Mike

oliver2-44

One of our vendors WheelHorse Parts and More has some very sturdy aftermarket trailer hitches. Just google their name for their website.  The owner Lowell is a great guy and supporter of this site.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
36 minutes ago, Uxtractor said:

Thanks Maynard my machine has nothing just a mount hole at rear of transaxle ,looks like a one bolt design my friends is the same probably have to make something up as they seem to be in short supply . Cheers Mike

Mike I change mine over to a bolt on style and I've probably got at least one of the factory Wheelhorse hitches around.

First question that comes to mind is, what are you looking to pull with them?

• Like 2

WHX??

Hello Mike and :WRS: if I haven't done so.

Correct factory hitch was a slot hitch for older tractors. a flat piece of steel was often added to pull a tub. 

I set up most of my tractors with both a slot hitch and a draw bar. 

1 hour ago, Uxtractor said:

seem to be in short supply

Not in my neighbor hood. 

20190516_114324.jpg

20190516_114334.jpg

20200419_133239.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Lowell also offers that flat piece of bar stock for a slot hitch.

The slot hitch will have to come off a parts tractor tho but easy to find. 

#3039 Toro Wheel Hitch Insert for Slot Hitch – Wheel Horse Parts and More

Hitches – Wheel Horse Parts and More

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

Wish you were closer... I have slot hitches.     

• Like 4

peter lena

@Uxtractor , while I do not have your early type of slot hitch, you can easily  adapt to what you want , think getting a size to size flat steel bar  which would slide snugly into place  and held there with a single bolt or drop in pin , would let you easily adapt tp a modern ball type hitch. personally went over to the ball hitch years ago , allowing me to easily and quickly change out attachments. with what's available on this site and elsewhere , you can quickly change out your pull point, pete

• Like 2

Uxtractor

Good day all , Back in now bought a new battery for the JD and now a a full time battery for the Wheel Horse ,this is what the rear of the transaxle looks like ,all I want to do is mount a 2 inch ball so I can pull my small lawn trailer it is about 3 x 4 feet . So if I understand right I first need a bracket to attach to the tractor then slide in a flat bar with ball attached ? Sorry for confusion but neither mine nor my friends have anything . Bad time as we have no out door auctions or shows that I know of and our local Wheel Horse man passed away couple of years back . Might have to get something simple fabbed up .Thanks Mike

7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Mike I change mine over to a bolt on style and I've probably got at least one of the factory Wheelhorse hitches around.

First question that comes to mind is, what are you looking to pull with them?

hitch.jpg

ebinmaine
39 minutes ago, Uxtractor said:

Sorry for confusion

No worries there. We're here to help. 

I'll get a pic or 2 of a set-up here. 

My Honey has a hitch like Jim's above. 

I also have the later design which is basically a U shaped bracket with a tab welded to it. 

You can get 1-7/8 or 2" trailer balls online that have a smaller than " road usage" mounting thread. Normally used on ATVs. 

• Like 1

Uxtractor

So all new Wheel Horse tractors came with hitches but the two I see have been robbed out ? I will look at the ads see what the aftermarket has Thanks guys .Cheers Mike

Jeff-C175
11 minutes ago, Uxtractor said:

So all new Wheel Horse tractors came with hitches

I don't believe so,  at least not the 'ball hitch' I believe you're referring to.

They came with the tab out the back with the hole in it.

• Like 1

gt14rider

Light duty. 

20210806_095910.jpg

20210806_095916.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Uxtractor said:

hitches

32 minutes ago, gt14rider said:

Light duty.

The hitch is posted above are what I have. Excellent picture. Thank you Gt14 rider.

Those will get you by perfectly fine for pulling loads up to maybe 200 lb, 300 lb.

• Like 1

Uxtractor

Thanks GT 14 Rider that looks the part ,great find I will save the photo for future reference .That would do nicely for the little trailer and light yard work Excellent ! Cheers Mike