formariz

A real hard and sad day.

formariz

Today we had to put down our loving companion of the last 14 years. A real hard and heart wrenching decision for us. It’s going to take a while to get over it if possible at all. We brought her home and buried her under her favorite window where she spent most of her life watching all the birds , squirrels and chip monks. She will be in our hearts forever. Rest In Peace dear Bailey.

758A5C94-E936-477F-A466-AE3A993BC81A.jpeg.c0321da7683c0e9bf7f1771cbc4bda04.jpeg

F1DD9567-0A04-469C-9885-F768BBEF27FD.jpeg.06e012f285531a149efe98dd744af02f.jpeg

492EBE37-79CA-401F-838C-43EDB6C7D9E4.jpeg.eba897fa48b0f4cd87dbb40ccab69d8c.jpeg

• Sad 14
  • Heart 9

c-series don

I’m sorry to hear this, our pets truly are members of our family. When we put down our dogs I cried more than my kids! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

formariz

She passed with her little head cradled in my hands looking into my eyes. Made her a simple little coffin and wrapped her in her favorite blanket along with her favorite toys ,pillow and one can of her favorite food for her journey. One of the saddest days in my life.

82B06487-91C5-40A3-8E5A-0F0CA8FCF75F.jpeg.4213113e3c87796ff8e34a2b8fb42715.jpeg

Edited by formariz
  • Sad 1
  • Heart 4

rjg854

I really feel for you Caz, I did that with our dog Gizmo just, heart-wrenching.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

953 nut

So sorry for your loss.

My shop cat came to live with us in 2008 and graduated to house cat after her fear and feral tendencies transitioned to being a loving lap cat. When she passed away four years ago I too chose a spot outside  her favorite window. We now have three other wonderful cats but not a day goes by without thinking of her.

257.JPG.15ed6a0e7a155548bed4fa14a4d22e28.JPG

• Heart 3

pfrederi

Believe me I know it is hard for you !!!  Loosing a pet is a terrible thing. She looks a lot like our first Tuxedo who we lost 13 years ago Monday.  Stil miss her..

Capturebridge.JPG

• Heart 5

stevebo

Sorry to hear Cas… 

• Thanks 1

Daron1965

Im sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

rmaynard

So sorry to hear about your loss. Over 49 years of marriage, we have had to put down more pets than I care to remember. It's never easy. Take care 

• Thanks 1

Crazyredhorse

The guilt of putting them down is hard.like taking them with your own hands.our last dog we had was a gift to our daughter when she was 7 or 8 had him almost 15 years he was going blind and in obvious pain.still remember driving him there he seemed happy to be going somewhere. its terrible.sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

Herder

I am sorry for your loss.  We here know your pain.  

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701

If it makes you feel better we saved these 2. The kids found these 2 under a shed across the street.  Both were under weight, severely dehydrated, eye infections.  We are good friends with someone who runs a large animal rescue in nj.  They picked up the 2 and were basically in "critical condition" for a week required almost 24 hour care..  They said if we didn't find them. They may have lasted a few more hours without water.

They are both doing fine now and will be up for adoption soon.  If I didn't have 4 already I would have these 2.

FB_IMG_1627329715918.jpg

IMG_20210724_163022.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

wallfish

So sorry for your loss Cas. Always a sad and difficult time when the need arises to put down our friends.

• Thanks 1

Crazyredhorse

Stopped by my daughters today she made this for psycho cat 😄

imagejpeg_1.jpg

Edited by Crazyredhorse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Snoopy11

I feel your pain... still grieving over putting down my childhood dog a couple of months ago... 

Probably never a time when I don't get emotional when I think about her... 

One thing is for sure... they make a mark in our lives... and we will never forget them. 

I built my Wheel-Horse through my grief. Best advice I can give... find a Wheel Horse to restore... it will forever be special to you for that reason...

Don

100_0322.JPG

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Thanks 1

formariz

Thank you everyone for the kind words. The loss of a great companion is hard but what is even harder is the guilt associated with the decision that had to be made. That one is a very hard pill to swallow. It has been hard for both of us but wife’s specially since this does not help her condition. We have decided that we will not replace Bailey( not that it would be possible anyway). However her window “perch” will forever remain in place. It’s incredible how lonely the house feels with her absence. We are kind of lost without her.

F93886B9-6A0E-4167-B291-0BE7C173F2E1.jpeg.28cd6c566683240c8500b891228ee995.jpeg

EC674513-8DFC-4337-8896-43D23FA53EC8.jpeg.859c97a1b50e5be0de6ce9c7a5c37262.jpeg

• Heart 3

Snoopy11
22 hours ago, formariz said:

Thank you everyone for the kind words. The loss of a great companion is hard but what is even harder is the guilt associated with the decision that had to be made. That one is a very hard pill to swallow. It has been hard for both of us but wife’s specially since this does not help her condition. We have decided that we will not replace Bailey( not that it would be possible anyway). However her window “perch” will forever remain in place. It’s incredible how lonely the house feels with her absence. We are kind of lost without her.

Brother, I know where you are coming from. My whole life revolved around our puppy... I grew up with her... didn't remember the time prior to her being in my life.

When we had to put down Cinnamon, the dog in the above photo, we were not allowed to go into the vet's office at first (stupid virus)... then they found out that she was terminal after doing a scan of her organs. We waited in the room for our precious monkey. When she entered the door, her head was down, she was afraid... pretty upset... as she did not know what was going on. But, when she saw us in the room, her face lit up, and she was our little puppy again. It didn't matter that her organs were calcifying... she was suffering... having to make the decision and being there with her while she passed was not easy. Then you think... I could have brought her home... maybe she would have been okay. Maybe I jumped the gun...

I can't say it gets easier with time... some people tend to think it does. But what I can tell you is that the guilt you feel is only there because you want and miss your friend. You made the decision that had to be made.

Don

Mickwhitt

I'm a little late to this thread but my deepest sympathies go to you Caz.

We had to put our little Lhasa to sleep earlier this year. He was old and tired and in pain so my wife took him to the vets. He was her dog and she said it was her responsibility.  The vet said he could limp along on meds for a few more weeks or months but she made the decision there and then. Tibbs passed when they put in the sedative before the main injection so he was not as strong as the vet thought, he said it had been the right call. Sandra was amazing and though it hurt like hell it was the right thing for our boy. He's back with us now in a nice sunny spot. We think of him fondly and don't dwell on the decision Sandra made as it was made for all the right reasons. 

Take care Caz xx