Gregor

My chance to brag.

Gregor

I don't get many. I don't know how many on here follow pro basketball,  I certainly don't. Anyhoo, My cousin, (although distant), was chosen in in the NBA draft. not first round, but chosen anyway. :D

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

stevasaurus

Cool...what team??  You are closer then me to Illinois University, but I bet you follow them.  The Bulls have taken Ayo Dosunmu #38.  Believe me, I am not trying to take away from your chance to brag...I embrace it...congratulations.  :USA:  Maybe, you will start to get into it. :occasion-xmas:

Gregor
14 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Cool...what team?

San Antonio Spurs   I know nothing about them, or any pro team for that matter.

WHX??

Saw the title and thought you got a steering wheel or hub off with no french! :lol:

• Haha 2

Gregor
2 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Saw the title and thought you got a steering wheel or hub off with no french! :lol:

Not possible !

• Haha 1

tom2p

cool - Joe Wieskamp ?

if so - congrats to Joe 

saw him play a number of times on tv - Iowa games often televised 

maybe he can be the next Duncan Robinson - Robinson is a good 3-point shooter that played college ball at Michigan and now plays for the Miami Heat 

Edited by tom2p

oliver2-44

The Spurs have a good Texas following and a huge San Antonio following.  San Antonio is a great city for a get a way trip. Come see him play with the Spurs, The downtown area has the River Walk, with lots of restaurants/ hotels and of course the Alamo (for history buffs) The river walk now has walking and tour boat connection to the old Pearl Brewery area that had been redeveloped.   I’m about 1-1/2 hours from there and we go there every few years 

Gregor

My wifes father is from Moulton Texas. She has family down there. I'm sure she would be happy to make the trip. 20210801_121634.jpg.5ede02adfe48d42f600c1589e2c571b2.jpg

Her garden shed.  A few years ago we spent several days at South Padre Island. Nice place.

Handy Don
13 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

San Antonio is a great city for a get a way trip

Seconded. If you love cycling, there is a great path southward past several original Spanish Mission churches.

oliver2-44

Yes @Handy Don from the Alamo mission you can follow a trail along the river to 5 Spanish Missions. They are interesting old Mission Churches and Courtyard living quarters to explore. 
The Toyota truck plant is also on that side of town and is an interesting tour.  I toured it about 3 years ago.