Gregor

Kohler Twin

Gregor

I ordered a jug from ebay. I hope it is the right one. The jug for the left side, has a different part # than the jug for the right side. I am wondering if that is due to the drilled and tapped holes for the coil bracket. Both jugs have the bosses for for the holes. I am wondering if the 2n jugs are interchangeable, from side to side, but for the tapped holes. I do not need the tapped holes on the right side.

953 nut
39 minutes ago, Gregor said:

The jug for the left side, has a different part # than the jug for the right side. I am wondering if that is due to the drilled and tapped holes for the coil bracket.

he intake and exhaust manifold are opposite from left to right.

• Like 1

Gregor
9 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

he intake and exhaust manifold are opposite from left to right.

Awwwww

Gregor

I have had the carb for the M 16 soaking in Berrymans for a couple of days, I just took it out. I got to wondering. How many carbs can you run through 1 can of Berrymans? I have probably done 8 - 10.

This is a Walbro carb. Really isn't much to it.

Gregor
Posted (edited)

I got the replacement jug today for the M 16. Just looking at it, it looks pretty good. After I get a few chores done around here, I will take some measurements, and see what I need to do with both jugs. I know the crank needs to be ground.

Edited by Gregor

Gregor
Posted (edited)

I took the jugs and crank to my machine shop guy for the MV 16 Twin. I have been cleaning up the rest of the parts. This motor has a Walbro carb. The numbers I find on it are, 5205327, and WHG 300127. I would like a carb rebuild kit, or an aftermarket carb, whichever I can get. I have a Kohler style 30 carb, but the throttle linkage is different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks  Greg

Edited by Gregor

gwest_ca

Found the 52 053 27 on pages 1.4 and 3.10 and 3.11.

The Kohler "kits" in this manual are complete carbs.

Each chart in printed form is on a left and right page so keep that in mind.

Gregor
54 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Found the 52 053 27 on pages 1.4 and 3.10 and 3.11.

The Kohler "kits" in this manual are complete carbs.

Each chart in printed form is on a left and right page so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the info. I was finally able to contact Walbro, They told me the carb was no longer available, and there was no replacement carb. I was able to order a rebuild kit. He called it "very basic". I guess I'll see what that means when I get it.

EB-80/8inPA
Posted (edited)

If you’re still considering a replacement carb, and in the unlikely event you haven’t  already heard of him, Norman over at www.isavetractors.com appears to have one that will fit.  It’s shown for the MV16, but not the MV16S, however.  I got a replacement for my K181 from him and it ran perfectly well right out of the box.  The gasket came as a separate part.  The design made one of the mounting screws a challenge to get to, but other than that minor issue it was a great deal.  He makes them right there in Maine, so there’s that, too.  Hope that helps.

Edited by EB-80/8inPA
  • Like 1

Gregor
11 hours ago, Gregor said:

He called it "very basic".

He was right. The kit is very basic, but it has new bowl gaskets, and float pin with needle valve. That's mostly what I wanted.

• Like 1

kpinnc

Seeing what you've done on previous projects, I'm excited to see how this rebuild goes!

Translation: be sure to post plenty of pictures!:P

• Thanks 1