Daron1965

What does your Horse haul?

Daron1965

Im contemplating building a mini hay wagon.  Do any of you have any unique wagons or trailers that you pull?  Any people movers, flat decks, etc?  Please post pics of what you use.  

squonk

I have thought of taking to WH frames with the front axles and bolting them together at the trans plates. Welding the steering straight at one axle and rigging up a tow bar steering mechanism on the other. Then making a mini hay wagon. Just never got serious about it. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine

We use ours for moving wood and sand/stone/dirt around with a couple different trailers. 

Nothing super unusual except maybe the terrain we have. VERY rough. 

IMG_20210619_120357127.jpg.417148aad336c473c4cbd0c5a974ad0e.jpg

I've always liked the idea of a haywagon like Mike mentioned.  Never built one because I like having the weight of the front of the trailer on the puller tractor.  

• Like 1

Handy Don
17 minutes ago, squonk said:

I have thought of taking to WH frames with the front axles and bolting them together at the trans plates. Welding the steering straight at one axle and rigging up a tow bar steering mechanism on the other. Then making a mini hay wagon. Just never got serious about it. 

Hmmm. Hey @SylvanLakeWH, if you took @squonk's idea and left the "rear" steering active and you could make a hook and ladder-style trailer for you train!

• Excellent 1

Achto

:text-yeahthat:

Some thing on this order.

images.jpg.d5a404b24afbdcd5b99a0466041da015.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
32 minutes ago, Achto said:

This is quite cool! I was thinking, though, that the passenger would have steering control of the tail wheels, says the kid in me! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Daron1965
38 minutes ago, Achto said:

That would make an awesome mini haywagon.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Hmmm. Hey @SylvanLakeWH, if you took @squonk's idea and left the "rear" steering active and you could make a hook and ladder-style trailer for you train!

Hhhmmm… just when I can see the floor of the garage… cool idea. I don’t think I will run it by swmbo… :ph34r:

• Haha 4

Maxwell-8

Not me but another Belgium WH fella   

image.png.a051373b6c855fb0fdef0a5521d58ac1.png

We live on very flat terrain, so we dare to tow some heavier stuff. 

(Maybe gonna make me a trailer for my horse with trailer brakes as brakes are the weak point on a WH when towing)

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Excellent 3

Lee1977

SAM-0128.jpg

SAM-0127.jpg

• Like 4

Handy Don
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I don’t think I will run it by swmbo…

You can always apologize after--unless it turns out she wants a turn in "ladder" seat!

• Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH

My C105 enjoys hauling kids and adults around as the main engine for the SL&WHN RR…

94B14946-3E3A-483E-A225-FDAE454F45F4.jpeg

46F2B2B5-E1A4-47C1-A31F-FD28A17C9261.jpeg

4B79E828-089B-416A-96F1-F403FF636CFF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

pfrederi

If you build a 4 wheel hay wagon you had better make sure you build a front mount hitch if you ever plan on backing it int a tight space.  Backing a 4 wheel wagon is a skill set I do not have......

IMG_2999.JPG

IMG_3000.JPG

49469_11.jpg

49469_09.jpg

• Excellent 5

squonk
31 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

If you build a 4 wheel hay wagon you had better make sure you build a front mount hitch if you ever plan on backing it int a tight space.  Backing a 4 wheel wagon is a skill set I do not have......

I can't turn my head very far to the left. Can't see much out of my right eye. I'm lucky I can back my truck! :eusa-pray:

• Like 1

Lee1977

SAM-0582-2.jpg

• Like 2

Handy Don
12 hours ago, pfrederi said:

I hear that. It took me weeks to get good enough at 2-wheelers to park my boat in one shot. Then I have to learn again next year!

• Haha 1

Daron1965
8 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

SAM-0582-2.jpg

Thats exactly what I am thinking about. What size is the deck?

Lee1977

38" wide and 7 ft. long. I used the axle and front wheels of an old Murry. The rear is a piece of 8" Jr I beam with a 3/4" pipe amd 3/4" bar with Wheel Horse front wheels. The frame is metal building brace angles with 1 1/2" pipe.

I keep it inside the wood bed would rot down in a couple of years. It's just junk thrown together.

• Excellent 1