formariz

This made my day today.

stevasaurus

Cas, there is a lot of that going on these days.  Covid-19 is a large part of that.  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1

Beap52

My youngest brother died one year ago (April 20, 2020).   I suppose any disease that kills you is bad, but ALS is horrible.  Mom and I spent the last weeks of his life taking care of him.  Watching his body slowly quit functioning was pretty difficult. Death is part of living, but life can certainly be hard.  In my mind's eye, I can still see Rodger in his bed, his last night on this earth with two Bibles reading from each. I wanted to ask him the following morning what he was studying but that could never happen.   He and I spent a fair amount of time together the past couple of years.  Reminiscing, talking about the future, camping, learning about each other.   I recommend spending time with siblings,  Life is short.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Heart 2

Alex175
10 hours ago, Beap52 said:

I suppose any disease that kills you is bad, but ALS is horrible.

I am sorry for your loss.  Thursday will mark 7 years since I lost my grandmother to ALS, it is an absolutely awful disease.  She was in her early 70's and for all intents and purposes still young and full of life, from the time she started having issues, to when we lost her was in less than two years, and at the end the last time I visited her in the hospital she was incoherent and didn't even look like herself.  Seeing what it did to her was just devastating, I just hope someday there will be a cure.

• Heart 1

Pullstart

@Beap52, Welcome to RedSquare if I haven’t already.  Thank you for sharing a little about your life, though I’m sure it’s tough to talk about sometimes.  

I believe that we have our forever property, even if it is not the house we love.  There are plans to change about every room, add on, etc.  I have made the request that I’d like my headstone to be under my hunting tree.  It seems way too soon to talk about it, but we have property used for not much other than hunting.  Why not enjoy my view long after I’m gone, instead of pay to be buried in a place I wouldn’t visit myself?  I told my best friend and dear wife “Mrs. P” that if I know the time is near, I’ll dig the hole myself!

Handy Don
15 hours ago, formariz said:

Unfortunately as we travel around many times we see nothing but stupidity, insanity and outright bad examples. Today however something different caught my eye and warmed my heart.

When someone who was an important part of your life has died, respectfully tending that absence honors you both.

• Like 1

formariz
13 hours ago, Beap52 said:

I recommend spending time with siblings,  Life is short.

Life is indeed too short. We spend it running around many times in useless meaningless endeavors and forget to stop and do what is really important. Countless opportunities missed that then we can only say " I should have". When that scene presented itself to me I actually turned around and parked discreetly to look at it. I stayed there for quite sometime just reflecting on it and wondering on what I can do or "should have done" with or to the ones dear to me. Its always the ones gone that first come to mind. Specifically to me its the ones that due to their influence on me changed my life for ever. Even though I know that they realized it themselves, I regret not actually telling and thanking them. After all it is what we leave of us that better others that is really important and what better compensation is there than to be told we did so? So many missed opportunities.....

• Like 1

Tooomuch7

I love that picture,That is really nice on one hand,and really sad on the other.I lost one of my best friends a little  over a year ago,I stop and see him every few weeks. I can relate to that picture.

rmaynard

Unfortunately there are too many people today who don't see any value in life. They only live for the moment. They don't care about those who came before them or those who will follow. It's sad.