D_Mac

Waiting For Covid Results

D_Mac

Well sure enough a couple of people I work with tested positive for covid. I had to be tested and had my test yesterday. I am still waiting for the results. With my cancer history " waiting for results " seems like something I due way to frequently. In the mean time if you guys can post some interesting topics and some good pictures it will make the time pass quicker !! Thanks

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

johnnymag3

:no: covid !!!!!   

I hope all is well and comes back NEGATIVE !!!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

formariz

Sorry to hear this. Hope it’s negative. Can’t wait for everyone one to get vaccinated so there can be some peace of mind. Even if one is vaccinated one can transmit the virus to someone who is not. 

• Thanks 1

shallowwatersailor

Strangely enough my two sisters in Chicago that live near each other contracted Covid-19 back in December - but both brother-in-laws were and remained negative. My older sister (74) has had cancer with ongoing chemo for 3-1/2 years while my younger sister (63) does their shopping, etc. so sees them on an almost daily basis. We figure either the visiting nurse or visiting physical therapist for my older sister somehow carried it. I was very worried during that time as my brother has advanced Parkinson's Disease so I could have easily become the remaining sibling. 

So much more is known than a year ago ! It seems that genetics may be a factor with my sisters, plus contact with the infected person needs to be longer than fifteen minutes. Hopefully your results are negative. Also a regimen of anti-viral drugs have proven effective if it is contracted.

• Sad 2

shallowwatersailor
4 minutes ago, Achto said:

Been thinking about building a new camper to take to shows. Here are some designs that I'm considering so far.:D

add-on.jpg.3d5daebe89736da28764129193c15bd0.jpg

post-10789-0-04412500-1618161856_thumb.jpg.ae6106091ee46e10de947fae10e90056.jpg

Redneck_sm.jpg.4a5dc2a5c3f5ba0e7eef859ecb7db2db.jpg

Which one would you consider???

These remind me of the House Trucks that are popular on the South Island of New Zealand.

• Like 1

Pullstart
12 minutes ago, Achto said:

I hope that your results are negative.

Been thinking about building a new camper to take to shows. Here are some designs that I'm considering so far.:D

add-on.jpg.3d5daebe89736da28764129193c15bd0.jpg

The one with the best tractor magazines next to the throne...

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

OldWorkHorse
19 minutes ago, Achto said:

I personally enjoy the 1 that uses the rear camper window as ur main windshield... playing cards at the table 1 min turn chair around and it's off to the rodeo.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

D_Mac

I kinda like the barn on wheels that the first one looks like.

• Excellent 1

peter lena

D-MAC, wish you good results , had your shots yet ?  wear your mask and stay smart , pete

• Like 1

squonk

Jim wasted all that money on that Dodge and new camper. Cummins Shummins! This is more his style! Even has handicapped parking for his horses! 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Roger R

I think combining the best parts of each would the best.  I really like the second one. We had a 5 window Chevy pickup like that when I was a kid, however it may need tires, and a set of wind shield wipers?  Certainly hope test results are good.

Edited by Roger R
  • Excellent 1

Tractorhead

Crossing my fingers for your negative result.

👍

Achto
26 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Got my results back.... negative. 

That's awesome!!!  :greetings-clappingyellow:

Stay healthy my friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

I have always found your posts to be very positive,     Glad to here you are able to make a NEGATIVE post.     :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

steelman

Glad to hear that you tested negative. I lost a friend of mine this week to Covid. He was 55 years old, still hard to believe he’s gone. Hopefully this nightmare will be over soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Mickwhitt
4 hours ago, steelman said:

. I lost a friend of mine this week to Covid. He was 55 years old, still hard to believe he’s gone. Hopefully this nightmare will be over soon.

Its heartbreaking and so strange in the ways it affects different people. Wife is 54, had it and almost didn't know about it, then others it takes away as quick as you like. I think that's the hardest thing about it all. Some folk just don't think its worth bothering with all the restrictions so they spread it regardless. Getting rid of it will be a real battle because of this. 

Mick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard

13 hours ago, D_Mac said:

So glad to hear that.

Either government officials or the CDC know how it's spread or they don't. My vote is they don't. I think they are still totally clueless. My daughter-in-law rode in a closed car with her covid-positive niece for three hours teaching her to drive. They were mask-less, and both touched the steering wheel, radio, shifter and door handles. They laughed, talked, coughed, sneezed, and hugged. The niece who had been in contact with a suspected covid-positve person earlier, had tested negative on the rapid test, but positive on the PCR test, which came back after the driving lesson. She was very sick for over a week after that. Daughter-in-law tested negative and never got even so much as a sniffle.

Having said that, my whole family (me, wife, son, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, and 17 year old grandson with special needs) are all vaccinated with a minimum of 3 weeks after the second shot. I'm tired of the mask. My wife and I only wear them where mandated. 

• Thanks 1