krystolo

Fun thread! What’s the most interesting attachment you have seen/own? Most useful?

krystolo

I have an air compressor. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

seuadr

i have no use for an air compressor, nor a generator, - as i have both in bigger/better forms but i like the idea of owning both :D

not terribly interesting, but i have a "mighty mac" chipper/shredder that i am excited to start using once i find and kill the electrical gremlins in my engine swap

• Like 5

ebinmaine

Do you have a tractor mounted compressor?

Love these kinds of threads because it's very interesting to me to see what others find useful and if I don't already have that, would I as well?

Current tractor implements Trina and I have in our fleet are:

Snow/dozer blades of three different sizes. 42, 48, and 60 wide.

Mid-mount drag style 40-in grader blade. 

I'm in the process of building a 17 cube metal yard trailer that will be reinforced and rebuilt front to rear.

As a compliment to that I'm building the trailer hitch mounted 1,200 lb capacity crane. 

We have a small mowing deck but never use it. Our mowing is done by hand.

I have a tractor implement generator that I just need to build a bracket for.

I also have a Mckissick chipper but I'll be getting mounted up soon.

I have a stand-up air compressor that's currently run by a 220 motor. Works fine but the tank is very soft.

At some point my intention is to make a 10 gallon ish front mounted engine driven compressor implement.

• Like 4

Pullstart

I’m pretty sure the front end loaders are/will be the most used attachments for me, however I don’t use a Wheel a horse to mow.  Otherwise, a mid mount grader and one bottom plow are both equally impressive tools on such a small tractor!

56F41CA5-92C2-478A-9170-CD8E513CBF19.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

seuadr
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Otherwise, a mid mount grader and one bottom plow are both equally impressive tools on such a small tractor!

good point! i am getting a lot of use out of my grader - in fact, i'm planning on building some teeth to add as a scarifier or something similar to it in the future to get even more function!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, seuadr said:

scarifier

Something I've also thought of doing.

Be careful to limit the amount and depth and width of the teeth that you use.

I was mulling over doing something that would have three to five fairly shallow teeth that would hang off as a rear hitch implement. 

Pullstart
1 minute ago, seuadr said:

good point! i am getting a lot of use out of my grader - in fact, i'm planning on building some teeth to add as a scarifier or something similar to it in the future to get even more function!

I am pretty sure I’ll build a ripper for the Xi / loader project.  It’ll hang on the subframe and be hydraulic/solid link.  If I can figure out a way, I’ll make it  tilt up and down left to right to help set a grade

seuadr
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I am pretty sure I’ll build a ripper for the Xi / loader project.  It’ll hang on the subframe and be hydraulic/solid link.  If I can figure out a way, I’ll make it  tilt up and down left to right to help set a grade

sounds good! go ahead and make 2 and i'll take one! oh, and i'll need a loader for it to go on. also - i only have the 1 horse, so i'll need another dedicated loader tractor.

you know, if you are building me a loader you should probably install it on the tractor for me too - you'll know better than i do how it should go.

:ychain::lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 7

ebinmaine
Just now, seuadr said:

sounds good! go ahead and make 2 and i'll take one! oh, and i'll need a loader for it to go on. also - i only have the 1 horse, so i'll need another dedicated loader tractor.

you know, if you are building me a loader you should probably install it on the tractor for me too - you'll know better than i do how it should go.

:ychain::lol:

I don't think this is an unreasonable request

• Haha 6

WHX??
35 minutes ago, krystolo said:

I have an air compressor. 🙂

You should know the rules by now :text-worthless:

22 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Love these kinds of threads because I can jibber jabber and cackle like a hen... :ychain:

Most interesting thing attach I have seen is the wood splitter. Only guy I know that has has one is Mike @prondzy Thought I had a pic somewhere in this mess.....:hide:

I can see how an portable & self propelled air compressor would be real handy tho! Mount a hose reel on the tractor .... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 3

krystolo

I have the air compressor, but haven't used it yet.  It came with the package deal.  Not sure how to use it without a tank or regulator.  I have a little compressor I use with my brad nailer, but can't think of anything else I need it for at the moment.

I also have the snow plow/dozer, belly grader that attaches to the rear mount, the front mount belly blade (now modified for the Brinley), and a drag harrow.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
4 minutes ago, seuadr said:

if you are building me a loader

Get in line and no cutting! :ychain:

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Mount a hose reel on the tractor

Man oh man I hate to give credit to you for any particular reason but I have to admit that might be the best idea I've heard and at least the last 27 minutes. 

Definitely have to put that into the build. 

• Haha 4

WHX??
5 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Mount a hose reel on the tractor

2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Definitely have to put that into the build.

Make mine one of those retractable jobbys.... :)

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, krystolo said:

the air compressor

:banana-gotpics:

Krystol have you figured out we are fundamentally a bunch of 5 to 7 year olds yet?

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

Make mine one of those retractable jobbys.... :)

Oh yes absolutely

krystolo

Here ya go!AF8D717C-C4F2-4C4D-BEC6-2A6D7A3372C3.png.93b4741bd5ca066814c975144cc474e0.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, krystolo said:

Not sure how to use it without a tank or regulator

Looks to me like that would hang off the front of the attach-o-matic hitch and just belt drive from the PTO. Gravity might keep the belt tight.

If you mount that on the tractor and it immediately starts blowing air out that fitting, you don't NEED a regulator but I wouldn't use it without one if avoidable.

If you ever use it without the regulator DO NOT put a hose on that fitting until you are ready to use it and then IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE HOSE WHEN DONE.

• Like 1

krystolo
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Looks to me like that would hang off the front of the attach-o-matic hitch and just belt drive from the PTO. Gravity might keep the belt tight.

If you mount that on the tractor and it immediately starts blowing air out that fitting, you don't NEED a regulator but I wouldn't use it without one if avoidable.

If you ever use it without the regulator DO NOT put a hose on that fitting until you are ready to use it and then IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE HOSE WHEN DONE.

Yeah, I can see that being a disaster in the making! 

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse
5 minutes ago, krystolo said:

Here ya go!AF8D717C-C4F2-4C4D-BEC6-2A6D7A3372C3.png.93b4741bd5ca066814c975144cc474e0.png

Yeah very cool but how does it stop building pressure I wonder. 

WHX??

Relief valve or better yet electric clutch ala say an Electro 12! Wired to a pressure switch with an unloader valve just like the shop one. 

Edited by WHX24
speeling
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Yeah very cool but how does it stop building pressure I wonder. 

In it's current form, it can't.

That brass fitting may very well be wide open which means it isn't an issue until it's covered with something... Like a hose...

Edited by ebinmaine

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

Relief valve or better yet electric clutch ala say an Electro 12! Wired to a pressure switch with an unloader valve just like the shop one. 

I was going to run mine with a mechanical valve like a gas powered air compressor has. 

• Like 2

WHX??

Check this out.... for your :wh: of course!  .. how bout them prices?!?!? 

Allied Attachment partial Catalog 1970.pdf

Bet you could use that post hole digger for yer horse fences Krys!

Hey Dan @Achto by chance is that your broom? 

Edited by WHX24
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1