ri702bill

Is it just me, or is anyone else ......

ri702bill

Irked by buying parts online where the seller uses FEDEX Smartpost for shipping?? This is a discount cost method to ship where a portion of the travel is done by FEDEX, another part is provided by USPS, and then handed off back to the local FEDEX facility for delivery. I just bought an Oregon aftermarket blade for my 1994 Honda HR214 thru "The Jungle Site" - the product is great at a good price, but took close to 2 weeks to get from Kansas to RI. Of course, the seller does not offer any other form of shipping - the other part that is lacking is the tracking updates stop after 2 days or so, then get active a day before it arrives. I think if I purchase anything in the future under those terms, I'll cancel the order and go with another vendor that offers free Prime delivery..... Now I feel better .......

Bill

Edited by ri702bill

Ed Kennell

USPS claims to be a private deliver service not a part of the federal government.    Yet they have accepted 45 billion dollars of taxpayers money to stay solvent and offer cheap delivery of the 150 billion peices of junk main they fill the land fills with every year.      :soapbox:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

squonk
3 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

USPS claims to be a private deliver service not a part of the federal government.    Yet they have accepted 45 billion dollars of taxpayers money to stay solvent and offer cheap delivery of the 150 billion peices of junk main they fill the land fills with every year.      :soapbox:

I got 1 billion pieces from Tom Reed last time he ran! :rolleyes: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Achto

It has been my experience that orders from flea bay are arriving a lot sooner than orders from the jungle site. Delivery time seems to have gotten a lot longer since the jungle site started using their own shipping company. "Next day" is now "next week", at least in my area.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Pollack Pete

UPS-surepost sucks even more.Been waiting for 2 Kohler Magnum 20 exhaust gaskets since 3rd week in March.No tracking info since March 30.Says they,re in St.Louis Mo.They're sorry they " may " arrive late,and I "might " still get them.Key word being " might ".Don't have them yet.

The Tuul Crib

I just received some parts from California that took three days. But then I bought something from Kentucky just up the road for me it took a week and a half to two weeks go figure!

rmaynard

I will avoid any seller who uses Smartpost. USPS is still bad, and Amazon is trying their best to join them.