WheelHorseC101

Wheel horse c101

WheelHorseC101

When I start my engine it will die once i change the throttle from idle to full throttle and when I switch the cold start throttle to what ever down is. It will just die every time 

B5735422-D02A-4B6C-B753-AC424F583A89.jpeg

seuadr
9 minutes ago, WheelHorseC101 said:

When I start my engine it will die once i change the throttle from idle to full throttle and when I switch the cold start throttle to what ever down is. It will just die every time 

well, it sounds like a fuel issue if it idles fine. could be an adjustment issue with your main jet needing adjustment, or not enough fuel being delivered. you have a mechanical fuel pump, right?

first thing i'd try is running some carb cleaner through the carb passages to make sure they aren't gummed up, and, assuming that is not the case, considering resetting the main jet to initial settings and then test from there. you could also check out the fuel delivery of your pump by pulling the line and using a small bottle with a barb fitting to let gravity do the work, but, my money is on dirty carb.

• Like 2

wallfish

:WRS:

Spraying fuel or carb cleaner in the carb while it's running will verify if delivery of fuel is the problem or not. Open the throttle while spraying and if it throttles up it's a fuel delivery issue.

What is the cold start throttle? Maybe the choke?

Bad old gas can cause that issue

Water in the carb bowl can cause that issue

Bad condenser can cause that issue.

Bad plug wire can cause that issue

Maybe some more info and background can help with internet diagnosis.

Did this just recently begin to happen?

If so, after any or what changes?

Is this a new to you tractor?

What else have you tried to repair it?

Etc Etc Etc

The more info you can provide the better an answer you will receive.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Will it throttle up if you open the throttle by hand on top of the carb?

stevasaurus

Try starting it at 1/2 throttle first with the choke closed.  Listen to it as it runs and start to open the choke a little at a time as the engine warms up.

• Like 1

WheelHorseC101

Well it was my dads until he passed away last June and he left it outside most the time. It is new to me. I just drained all the gas out of it and it is running fine after I let it warm up. It happened after it sit all winter long.I store it in a garage now. I haven’t did any changes to it besides new tires and a new filter on it. I plan on changing the spark plug and wire. The oil probably needs changed since it’s been bout 6 years since my dad did it. What type of oil should I use ?  Almost I included a picture of the rear end fluid I think. Is that color normal ? Thanks for the help. I’m new to this so I’m trying to learn. 

6FA79EF4-614B-41B6-9BCB-299EA6FF2DAF.jpeg

DFB8EB1E-4C91-4220-AEDD-FFE6257C7E6A.jpeg

1D78B154-9399-43D6-9A01-016FE60DD833.jpeg

image.jpg

Ed Kennell

That milky color is a sign of water in the trannsmission.     Probably leakeed in around a cracked shift lever boot while it was stored outside.      when you are ready,   We can offer details on the drain and flush process 

• Like 2

WheelHorseC101

Can it mess anything up ?

pfrederi

Don't run it around until you do change the engine oik and the transmission oil.  Engine 30w motor oil tranny 90w gear oil.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
1 minute ago, WheelHorseC101 said:

Can it mess anything up ?

It should be drained and flushed before being put to work.    The drain plug is a 1/4" allen head pipe plug in the bottom right half of the sransmission case.  It may be hard to see as it will be full of dirt.

To completely drain the case, the front of the trctor must be raised as high as safely possible.   There is a hump running across the bottom that will trap the oil if the front isn't raised.

After draining, fill with diesel or kerosene  and drive the rtactor slowly in tight circles while using all the gears.    Then drain all the solvent.     I like to fill with the cheapest motor oil available and do the circle gear drive again.   Then drain and fill with 90wt gear oil.

WheelHorseC101

Okay I will do that next weekend. What is the oil capacity for it?

WheelHorseC101

Is this the drain plug ?

D517C15F-613D-4DFB-810A-A86A6081027C.jpeg

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:T😎:rs:

Nice lookin tractor! Cant find one that

nice around if l can find one!

The drain plug for the trans is on the

bottom . It takes a 1/4 inch alan wrench

• Thanks 1

pfrederi

Drain plug viewed from bottom.

InkedIMG_0217_LI.jpg

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

586ce0e568aa1_ChartLube1978-1981BSS.jpg.cf74d79d8af71f42a816a7baed666e8f.jpg

• Like 1

WheelHorseC101
6 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:T😎:rs:

Nice lookin tractor! Cant find one that

nice around if l can find one!

The drain plug for the trans is on the

bottom . It takes a 1/4 inch alan wrench

Thanks it was my dads so I want to start fixing it up. Thanks for the help! 

WheelHorseC101
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

That helps a lot. I will get it done. Thanks for all the help. I’m guessing to fill it up is on the left side of the rear end where that square fitting is 

WheelHorseC101
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

That helps a lot. I will get it done. Thanks for all the help. I’m guessing to fill it up is on the left side of the rear end where that square fitting is. I attached a photo. Would that be good to get ?

EC5E3F53-25A1-4C17-A00B-384A110C7CC8.png

WheelHorseC101

Found this at my Walmart? Will it work?

03E2505E-12CD-4A45-8FBD-3F8D6F2A9609.png

Ed Kennell
3 minutes ago, WheelHorseC101 said:

Found this at my Walmart? Will it work?

Yep.

WheelHorseC101

Also is that square bolt where I fill the oil after I change it? I can’t find the drain plug. The 2nd picture. Is there suppose to be a hose attached there? 3rd picture. Can I grease that for my steering wheel to turn better? And the 4th picture. Is that a fuel filter or pump? Thanks for all the help. Sorry about all the questions l

24174EC1-BA89-47EB-8851-FE37DA420CAA.jpeg

E6E119E8-E7DE-4434-BF7B-09F8A6B264DB.jpeg

938F5C51-EBE2-48EE-827D-278C91FD984D.jpeg

C883DED3-DA74-4223-80C3-5371CDF41379.jpeg

Ed Kennell

Picture 1.    that is the engine oil fill        the drain plug is on the side near the bottom   I don't have my 10hp kohler here to tell you exactly where on the bottom

2. that is the mechanical fuel pump that has been disconnected and not used

3. that steering gear must be cleaned and greased

4. that is the electric fuel pump that has replaced the one in picture 2

WheelHorseC101

Okay I’m sure I can find the drain plug. I took my mower deck off to make it easier to find. I was trying to take my mower blades off but they are stuck pretty good. I soaked the bolts with PB blaster and hopefully that helps

WheelHorseC101

I’m trying to find blades for my mowing deck. I think I have a 42 inch deck and I think the blade side is 14 1/4. I see they have 14 1/2 but it looks like the blades would hit when they turn. Anybody have any sites to order them. I was looking on eBay. I’m trying to find a good mulching blade.

C3B38681-50EA-4859-B7DA-D426F0AB0600.jpeg

A2691057-EB3A-4FB7-82FA-535DC5A61622.jpeg

WheelHorseC101

Also did my tractor have a headlight option? I think mines a 78