varosd

A quick shout out for help

varosd

A quick shout out for help so we moved from Pennsylvania to Asheville North Carolina about six months ago. Loving it down here. The mountains are beautiful. Unfortunately I suffered a spinal injury and currently in a rehabilitation hospital. I fell forward and fractured my cervical spine requiring more plates and screws and wires . The feeling in my hands and the pain is subsiding although now I’m very weak and cannot grasp anything. Additionally my right lower leg is weak and I only can walk distances with a walker. And of course since the accident just over two weeks ago, the inability to urinate. Hopefully as the spinal shock goes down this will return. And in all this mess we were already moving out of a six-month lease townhouse and into a rental house for a year as everyone knows the real estate market is very hot. We sold our house in Pennsylvania in less than one day, but you cannot buy anything or even build. I do need a request of help if anybody on this form is located in the Asheville area, I’m trying to

move my 1967 Camaro from West Asheville storage unit to Hendersonville North Carolina which is about 20 minutes south. It does run but the carburetor needs adjustment and it hasn’t been run so I really do not want anybody to include my poor wife who’s doing all the moving to have to deal with it. It would be better to just push it onto a trailer like from U-Haul which I can arrange and driven down and pushed into our garage in Hendersonville. If anybody is in the local area who could give a hand to me I would greatly appreciate it.If anybody is in the local area who could give a hand to me I would greatly appreciate it.

E88DC3ED-0615-41A3-8498-3E47B196720E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
  • Heart 5

squonk

Wish I was close enough to help Don. I know it costs more but IMHO it would be better if you just had the Camaro flat bedded. Easier, quicker,less possible chance of damage and they have insurance.

• Like 7

D_Mac

If I was in your area I would help you out. I am in NY, but know all to well the feeling of laying in a hospital bed for an extended period of time. Like I said when I was recovering from my fights with cancer.... I dont want a hand out, but could use a hand up. All my best.Hope you recover quickly. To everyone else, Never take your health for granted. It can change in a blink of an eye.

• Like 5
  • Heart 2

stevasaurus

Holy cow Don !!  I am so sorry to hear this news.  Mine and Chris's prayers are with you my friend.  I wish I was closer also, I'd be there in a heartbeat.  Maybe Jay or Van will know someone close.  

• Like 1

Pullstart

So sorry to hear!  Heal well soon and best wishes on your move as well!

Tractorhead

Best convalescent wishes over the Big Pond,

hope ya get quick the help you need.

SylvanLakeWH

Prayers for a speedy recovery...

Ed Kennell

So sorry to hear this terrible news.  Best of luck on a speedy recovery and making the move.

formariz

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you recuperate fast and completely. Also hope someone is able to help you with car. You don't need anything else on your mind right now.  

953 nut

Sorry to hear of your accident and pray that your recovery will be complete.

I am a couple hours west of you but as @squonk said a towing company seem like your best alternative. I had spinal fusion surgery a few years ago so my physical limitations would prevent me from attempting to load and unload a trailer. If you call around to Hendersonville area shops you should be able to find a good one. Since time is not critical they may be able to tie your need into a tow they would be dropping off in Asheville.

• Like 2

seuadr

i moved a tractor by flatbed that way - it was totally worth it. they hooked it up, pulled it on, and dropped it off exactly where i wanted it. it was over an hour and still only a couple hundred dollars. hope you mend well.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Thinking about you Don...how are you doing??  Prayers with you Mate.

2008_0805STEVE50018.JPG

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1