Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

Oooops!!

pfrederi

Guess I need to look at the business end of the blast gun more often.  This was one of the expensive $50 carbide tips.... Guess I did more sand blasting than I thought....

IMG_0092.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

bc.gold

I think you've been robbed, tungsten carbide has a much darker color and because its very brittle it's encased as an insert as seen below.

spacer.png

squonk
22 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Guess I need to look at the business end of the blast gun more often.  This was one of the expensive $50 carbide tips.... Guess I did more sand blasting than I thought....

IMG_0092.JPG

:jaw: Yup that's a lot of blasting right there. Prolly would have gone thru about 200 ceramic ones. :)  How's the orifice? Was it still in there? :helmet:

bc.gold

Once you have removed the worn out tip put it in a vise and tighten it up, if it bends without breaking ask for your $$$ back

pfrederi

The mind is a terrible thing to loose.  That was a steel nozzle.  Turns out the one in my parts box is the carbide one I bought but hadn't put in yet....:wacko:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

pacer

Heh! Sure looks familiar.... I have that same gun (I think?) and I use the white ceramic and once I changed over to them they last ... multiple times longer! and I do a LOT of blasting!

squonk

I used to run the carbide nozzle and orifice From TP tools. Run circles around Ceramic. Blast a long time with those.

https://www.tptools.com/Skat-Blast-Carbide-Nozzle-Pack,287.html?b=d*8024

Skat-Blast-Carbide-Nozzle-Pack_6300-90_R

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

pfrederi
9 minutes ago, squonk said:

I used to run the carbide nozzle and orifice From TP tools. Run circles around Ceramic. Blast a long time with those.

https://www.tptools.com/Skat-Blast-Carbide-Nozzle-Pack,287.html?b=d*8024

Skat-Blast-Carbide-Nozzle-Pack_6300-90_R

Yep  That is eh one in my parts box.   Being a cheap SOB I didn't want to use it till the one in the gun wore out... I got it from TP as well as the cabinet...

• Haha 1

bc.gold
35 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

The mind is a terrible thing to loose.  That was a steel nozzle.  Turns out the one in my parts box is the carbide one I bought but hadn't put in yet....:wacko:

Better you than me. :greetings-clapyellow:

Zeek

@pfrederi What blaster is that on?