Jump to content
Achto

Refreshing My 701

Recommended Posts

 
Pullstart

Yee haw Dan!  :orcs-cheers:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
oliver2-44

:greetings-clappingyellow: following

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
SylvanLakeWH

:popcorn:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
rjg854

Keep up the good work, I know it's going to look great when you finish.  ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
rmaynard

Since the 701 was such a unique model, I am glad to see you giving it the royal treatment. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
dclarke

Good work, Dan! I'll be tagging along on this one too. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Achto

@WHX24 You might want to keep an eye on the build. If you see me making some thing that you will need for your 701 let me know so that I can make 2 right away.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??

Thanks.. will do.  I don't think I really need too much in the way of parts. All mine are blasted already but should get them in the shop for self etching and start a mock up and figure out what else I all need. 

Figure on getting extra paint when you start shooting red, I will bring over what I may have ready. You may be enlisted to do some body work on the hood too. 

I actually worked a bit yesterday on my 701 161 that I got from Kev. Started putting it back together. 

 

What's your plan for the spindle? What me to take a gander in the parts shed? I know there are some 753 spindles out there. 

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Achto
27 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

What me to take a gander in the parts shed? I know there are some 753 spindles out there. 

 

That would be awesome!! :handgestures-thumbupright: I'm going to try to save what I got but it would be good to know that I had a back up plan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??

Phone pretty dead so gonna stop by the post office and get 'Apples fan blade out today then play hookie. I dread goin out in the parts shed. Old lady threw all her flower pots in it and can't find nothin now. Gotta bring my 701 parts in anyhoo. Will take a look see for one. 

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
SylvanLakeWH
58 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I dread goin out in the parts shed. Old lady threw all her flower pots in it and can't find nothin now. Gotta bring my 701 parts in anyhoo. Will take a look see for one. 

 

What?


:snooty:

 

You needs one of these for the shed door:

 

image.jpeg.0f7d18c0b2785486c8bb323cf077927a.jpeg
 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
squonk

Cut loose and buy a new phone so it's not dead and buy your wife a shed of her own you skin flint! :)

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
WHX??

Jeepers cats and we blame Pullstart & EB for goin :offtopic:

 

 

I got yer back....Maybe this will uncork yer jug Dan. 

20210222_145232[1].jpg

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
SylvanLakeWH
2 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Jeepers cats and we blame Pullstart & EB for goin :offtopic:

 

 

First “Squirrel!” of the thread...!

 

:occasion-clown:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Mickwhitt

Love that track, off topic or not lol.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
WHX??

Laid down the frame and started messing with the steering gear on mine Dan. I think mine is gonna have to be the first resto I've done where I have mock the whole thing up then strip down to paint.

Whose crazy @$$ idea was it to do 701s anyway!

 I chuckled a bit when I was taking off some nice green looking patina off those greaseable bolts that hold the drag link to the steering arms. Much as I wanted to use the orginals  they are just too POed and will have to go to the 753 donors.

'Nuff stealing your build ... will just do an unveiling!

 

20210228_195427.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Achto
Posted (edited)

An early escape from work yesterday gave me some time to play on a lathe. I used this time to whip up some new drag link bolts. I made them just a bit longer so that I could use washers with them when installed. Finding Stainless jamb nuts proved to be a challenge so I just faced down some standard stainless nuts.

 

@pullstart I used my "eyecrometer" when I made the jamb nuts. Measured them later to find out that there is only .001" difference in thickness between them.:thumbs2: Talent or just luck?? I'll let you make the call.:lol:

 

New ones next to the old.

IMG_20210311_170321556.jpg.c4afde03dd0c520acf9e6e1f2941a0a1.jpg

 

Edited by Achto
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Wheel Horse 3D
46 minutes ago, Achto said:

An early escape from work yesterday gave me some time to play on a lathe. I used this time to whip up some new drag link bolts. I made them just a bit longer so that I could use washers with them when installed. Finding Stainless jamb nuts proved to be a challenge so I just faced down some standard stainless nuts.

 

@pullstart I used my "eyecrometer" when I made the jamb nuts. Measured them later to find out that there is only .001" difference in thickness between them.:thumbs2: Talent or just luck?? I'll let you make the call.:lol:

 

New ones next to the old.

IMG_20210311_170321556.jpg.c4afde03dd0c520acf9e6e1f2941a0a1.jpg

 

Definately talent!

  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Pullstart

Phfsshhh birthday luck...

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Achto

Might have to send my eyecrometer in to be recalibrated.:lol:

  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...