peter lena

just got covid shots secured

squonk
On 3/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Got a notice this morning Mrs. El Camino gets her first jab on March 31 . It took so doing and a little stretch of the truth ,

Did you enclose a picture of Richard Burton and tell the girl when you applied that it was you? 

• Haha 3

Jeff-C175
On 3/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, Jeff-C175 said:

After a series of emails complaining of the difficulty securing an appointment, I actually got a PHONE call YESTERDAY (SUNDAY!) from an aide at our SENATOR's OFFICE with scheduled appointments for this Wednesday for my wife and I.

Proof that the squeaky wheel (horse) gets the grease I suppose!

We did it!  And I have to say that I was impressed with the process.

Our appointments were for 11:00 and 11:30 AM.  Since I didn't know if there would be a line, or how long it might be, we arrived at the testing site (local hospital) at 10:15 AM.  There was no line at all, we went right to the check in desk.

To our surprise they weren't at all 'miffed' that we were there early but we thought for sure that we would be waiting for some time.  After checking in and sitting in a waiting area for about 10 min we were taken up to the vaccination area where we sat for another 10 minutes or so until we were called into 'registration' where we provided ID and insurance info and were handed our 'vax card'.  We then sat for another 5 minutes until called in for our jab.  That took about 10 minutes and we were sent to a waiting area for 15 minutes observation after the shot.

I did have a slight bout of 'light headedness' while in the post-vax observation room and the nice nurse gave me a granola bar and a bottle of water.  That only lasted a couple minutes and afterward I felt fine.

We were both out of there and back in the car on the way home in just about an hour or so, even before my wife's 11:30 appointment time.

We were impressed.  Once the initial BS of actually securing an appointment was over, the rest of the process went surprisingly well!

We got the Moderna.  This morning neither of us have any negative reaction except for minor tenderness at the injection site.  We go back April 20th for our second jab.  Should probably be a bit quicker next time.

Special thanks to Senator Vin Gopal and his staff, and the staff of VNA of CNJ.

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

formariz

Wife had second shot yesterday and this time things are not going as smoothly as with first dose. She has a fever and pretty much  flue like symptoms. She has been in bed essentially for a day now. Hope this goes away soon. I am getting my second next Wednesday.

• Sad 3

rmaynard

Which vaccine did she get?

rmaynard

My daughter got her 2nd dose of Pfizer on Tuesday. Last night she had terrible headache, aches, pains, fever and felt down right miserable. This morning she is fine. My wife had 2nd dose of Pfizer and had no problems. I had 2nd dose of Moderna with no problems.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 2

formariz
30 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Which vaccine did she get?

She got the Moderna. She is in bad shape this morning.

• Sad 1

rmaynard

My cardiologist got Moderna and two days later he was down for 48 hours. Then he was fine.

• Like 2

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, formariz said:

She got the Moderna. She is in bad shape this morning.

1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

got Moderna and two days later he was down for 48 hours

Oh... my... I hope that doesn't happen to us!  24 hours in and still feeling fine here, both of us.

• Sad 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I got my second jab of Pfizer on Tuesday afternoon. Tired just like the first shot. Took a 2 hour nap and could not get to sleep when bed time rolled around. Up until 2:30 AM. Felt like the  devil all day yesterday. Could not get to sleep again last night, the last time I looked at the clock it was 3:40 AM. Other than being tired I feel okay today. Mrs. El gets her 1st Moderna shot on the 31st. Just have to see how she does.

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Like 1

squonk
22 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I got my second jab of Pfizer on Tuesday afternoon. Tired just like the first shot. Took a 2 hour nap and could not get to sleep when bed time rolled around. Up until 2:30 AM. Felt like the  devil all day yesterday. Could not get to sleep again last night, the last time I looked at the clock it was 3:40 AM. Other than being tired I feel okay today. Mrs. El gets her 1st Moderna shot on the 31st. Just have to see how she does.

So you had NO REACTION then? :teasing-poke::)

My eye sockets hurt like somebody hit me square with a baseball bat for like 2 hours. Then I was back to my youthful fun loving self! :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

briankd

wife and i both just got the shot at our local hospital and was the moderna vaccine . wow i been sick as hell over this and they want me to get another one in a month from now. i been bed riddin for a day and a half now . really don't want go thru that again . wife been fine . anyone else have issues with this moderna vacc. i was hopeing it would have been the Johnson and Johnson shot  but you take what they have . my dad 88 yrs old got the Johnson shot he was good no side effects  

my thoughts are I will take my chances than go thru getting another shot :) . burned 2 days vacation from work over this

Edited by briankd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

ranger

I had my first jab, (Oxford Astra-Zeneca), about 3 weeks ago, no side effects, I didn’t even feel the needle going in. No sore arm, etc. The only thing was, the following day I had a very slight ‘empty’ feeling in my stomach for an hour or two, similar to having had too much beer the night before. My wife had her first jab a week ago, (different vac centre), and straight away had a very sore arm, couldn’t lift it above her head, and felt sick for 3 days!

I wonder if there is any correlation  between the severity of side effects suffered from having the vaccine, and the severity of effects experienced by people unlucky enough to have caught the virus itself? ie, if you had minimal side effects from the vaccine, you would suffer minimally from the actual virus, or maybe vice-versa? Who knows?

I DON’T think I will go out of my way to find out!!

Take care everyone, Stay Safe. 😷😷😷

Edited by ranger
  • Sad 1

Jeff-C175

I'm feeling a little bit dizzy the past half hour or so.  I think the fact sheet said that could be a side effect of the Moderna.

Ed Kennell

You guys are making me nervous with these reports.   We get our second dose of Pfizer on Sunday.   Nothing but a tender shoulder from the first dose three weeks ago.

• Like 1

953 nut
On 3/20/2021 at 7:49 AM, rmaynard said:

Let us know how you are doing in a couples days.

Been about a week and no problems,             :woohoo:            our little county of 35,000 people just hit the 10,000 mark for vaccinations. The county health department took a bit of time to get it going but they are doing a fantastic job now.

• Heart 1

WHX??

Didn't you just get your first one Ed? How long before the first & 2nd  with the Pfizer? 

Sounds like every one is a little different on the side effects. Thats good means we're all individuals.  Wife and I both get our second Moderna soon.... 4/1 ... keep you posted. 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Only 3 weeks between Pfizer doses Jim.       This Sunday will be day 21  for Mrs K and day 22 for me.      I'll report in after 2nd dose.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175

Just checked my blood sugar after reading that the vax can increase blood sugar.  It was 283 !!!  Holy cow,  no wonder I feel dizzy!  Drank a half gallon of water, went for a very brisk walk, checked again and down to 198.  Dizziness subsiding.

I think that the take away here is that if you are diabetic, closely monitor your sugar after getting the vax !

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

shallowwatersailor
On 3/4/2021 at 4:54 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk we have a wheel chair , she has degenerative disk disease which hard for sitting or standing . I don't think I can push her in on a gurney. LOL  It is a time thing also. The last few big vaccine things have been a real cluster (fill in the blank ). people waited hours just to get to the front and find out all the vaccine had been used.   

Don't confine yourself to just the Richmond area. I talked to my daughter in C'ville today and she told me that Danville and Winchester were doing 35 and up. She is 37 but said she will wait and get it at UVA. As long as you stay in Virginia you should be able to get it from any Health District.

steelman

I had my second shot of the Moderna vaccine onThursday morning and have no ill effects so far. I live in Ohio but went next door to Dekalb Co., Indiana. They were extremely efficient as I was in and out in a half hour. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

oldredrider
32 minutes ago, shallowwatersailor said:

long as you stay in Virginia you should be able to get it from any Health District.

Not so according to the latest news (if it can be trusted). Have to stay in your own health district to get the vaccine. 

• Sad 2

shallowwatersailor
15 hours ago, oldredrider said:

Not so according to the latest news (if it can be trusted). Have to stay in your own health district to get the vaccine. 

Just heard that this morning myself. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Good news that with the way the vaccine is being distributed now, May 1 every adult will be eligible. July 4 will definitely be celebrated.

• Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

I would hold off on celebrating... “eligible” does not mean vaccines are available... in Michigan, much like states noted in many, many posts above, it is a game to get one once “eligible”... being on a list does not mean anything unless vaccines are available...

shallowwatersailor
16 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I would hold off on celebrating... “eligible” does not mean vaccines are available... in Michigan, much like states noted in many, many posts above, it is a game to get one once “eligible”... being on a list does not mean anything unless vaccines are available...

But vaccines continue to become more available by the day. Virginia will soon move to Phase 2 with the addition of the J&J vaccine. The allocated amount of J&J for next week was reduced but the Health Districts are using the Phizer vaccine. My Health District is consistently vaccinating 1,000 people each day. My district has done 47,685 vaccines as of yesterday.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

Wellspan Health, the very large healthcare system in my county has finally taken control  this week. 

They opened a mass site with a,   registration by phone and return call when vaccine is available,   system.

Now there is hope for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1