AHS

76 B80

AHS
1 hour ago, haydendavid380 said:

Does the surging go away with load? Mine has a little bit of a putt-putt-putt surging until the engine gets a load

I dunno! I got in the fall of ‘20, and this is my first season with it... and all I have is a plow. My dad has a 36” RD mower that I’m gonna try in the spring.. that will load it down.. I think! The plowing; half throttle- 3/4 throttle 2nd gear plowing.. 

haydendavid380

When your carb was off did you go through it and clean/inspect? New gaskets when you put it back on?

The only time I've seen the adjustment screws not work is when there are air leaks. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
45 minutes ago, haydendavid380 said:

When your carb was off did you go through it and clean/inspect? New gaskets when you put it back on?

The only time I've seen the adjustment screws not work is when there are air leaks. 

I'll second that. 

Maybe check the throttle shaft in the bore for looseness. 

• Like 1

AHS
2 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

The carb was off when I got it. I rebuilt it and put on new carb gasket. I put on new coil, points, condenser, spark plug wire and spark plug. When I start it, it takes less than 5 seconds on the key switch, and it is started! 

• Excellent 1

Retired Wrencher
22 hours ago, AHS said:

Yup, mine pretty much looks the same as yours! @Retierd Wrencher mines an 8 speed. Hey take a picture of your gov. to throttle linkage. The only issue I have is a hi speed issue. Surging. The carb was off when I got it. It runs great until I have it full throttle.

Will do. Mine surges a little. At a mid to high speed  slow adjust the high speed jet for best results.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
12 hours ago, AHS said:

The carb was off when I got it. I rebuilt it and put on new carb gasket. I put on new coil, points, condenser, spark plug wire and spark plug. When I start it, it takes less than 5 seconds on the key switch, and it is started! 

I found cranking and sliding down and the choke it starts faster this way. I will get those picks out today.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
On 2/12/2021 at 9:11 AM, AHS said:

Yup, mine pretty much looks the same as yours! @Retierd Wrencher mines an 8 speed. Hey take a picture of your gov. to throttle linkage. The only issue I have is a hi speed issue. Surging. The carb was off when I got it. It runs great until I have it full throttle.

AHS: This is what I have. Original except rod from gov arm to carb. Hope this helps. 

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

• Like 1

Handy Don
2 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

AHS: This is what I have. Original except rod from gov arm to carb. Hope this helps. 

IMG_0362.JPG

I LOVE that highly engineered replacement linkage! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
14 hours ago, Handy Don said:

It is the way I bought never did get around to  buying the rod that goes there.

AHS
14 hours ago, Handy Don said:

If it works... it works! Done! I like the linkage!😀

AHS
On 2/12/2021 at 5:05 PM, haydendavid380 said:

I’ve looked at my pictures, and I took a picture of the carb screw adjustments on all k series engines. It says to put the low speed screw at 1 1/4 turns and the hi speed screw at 2 turns. It runs much better now! The low speed was set at 1 1/2 and the hi at 2 1/4.

AHS

@ebinmaine did you notice any snow squalls in Portland? I’m sure they were sent there by the 414!😀💪

E8BD6A6B-9010-4D82-B9A2-AA9D5CDE4C87.jpeg

8B6085C3-0C4A-4715-B03B-CA3516E90FB8.jpeg

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, AHS said:

you notice any snow squalls in Portland? I’m sure they were sent there by the 414

Yes yes. Okay. That explains it.

I was wondering where those short bursts of miniature blizzard were coming from.

I figured it had to be up near Bangor...

• Haha 1