Maxwell-8

WH Toro GMT 200

Maxwell-8

I am looking at this Toro GMT 200, owner says it's a wheel horse, but he lying. all hydro, Kohler runs.

What whould something like this go for? Anything to look for, experiences?

Thanks for the help

imageimage

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Pullstart

@19richie66 has a handful of these... maybe he could help with value?

• Thanks 1

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, Maxwell-8 said:

I am looking at this Toro GMT 200, owner says it's a wheel horse, but he lying. all hydro, Kohler runs.

What whould something like this go for? Anything to look for, experiences?

Thanks for the help

Can't help a bit but I love it!

• Haha 1

19richie66

What is the owner asking for it and are there any attachments for it? It is a Toro GMT. I started a Facebook page for these so if you get it, look it up. Lot of good info on there. Any questions, please feel free to message me. Hope you get it as they are cool machines. I have two Hesstons as that’s what they were before toro bought them. The one with cab is a 180 (18hp) and the second is a 200(20hp). Toro also made a GMT 230 (23hp). 

1743A530-DDF1-4E54-9610-37F43FD1951E.jpeg

7A4B557E-98B0-499A-A1FA-702198E84689.png

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175

Richie, what might be the use for one of these, other than just for fun?  (I don't do Facebook, sorry)

What types of attachments?  mower decks and such?  I presume the attachments must all be tow behind stuff?

For some reason reminds me of an airport tug.

Never mind!  Now how cool is this?  and it's articulated too! (image courtesy of tractordata.com)

image.png.9141d46f32cd38394fe2075a9513b2ad.png

@19richie66

Edited by Jeff-C175

19richie66
30 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Richie, what might be the use for one of these, other than just for fun?  (I don't do Facebook, sorry)

What types of attachments?  mower decks and such?  

image.png.9141d46f32cd38394fe2075a9513b2ad.png

@19richie66

1E68643F-BAA5-4F73-9AED-780B7425E31E.jpeg

88661388-E8D3-4B07-95A9-FE474BC4B459.jpeg

AA965C9A-B0C0-49AF-A182-BCE9E0ED4DEE.jpeg

E5C5E1DA-47A7-4575-BCBE-34BD52C34DC3.jpeg

D8C50AB8-2910-48E1-BCDB-5AC02F605F8B.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Excellent 2

Maxwell-8
7 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

E5C5E1DA-47A7-4575-BCBE-34BD52C34DC3.jpeg

Is a very nice V-plow

He has no attachments, owner doesn't have a price, he just watching offers. 

19richie66

I see you are in Belgium so I have no idea the value over there. Here a running machine anywhere from $300-800 without attachments. Seen them sell for less and sit around for sale for more. Let us know what happens

• Thanks 1

Maxwell-8
6 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I see you are in Belgium so I have no idea the value over there. Here a running machine anywhere from $300-800 without attachments. Seen them sell for less and sit around for sale for more. Let us know what happens

Thanks for the info

He wants 900$ for it, with no battery and without the AG's. and the motor is slightly over-revving (lean:wacko:)

I offered him. 600, i think that is reasonable; as Kohler parts are hard to find here. and you can not find any implements around here. I am also not a hydro fan srry. meanwhile I have 3 horses that are in working progress.

I don't think he is gone get more for it. Not that i don't think they aren't solid Just that i think here, nobody would give more.

Keep you updated.

Edited by Maxwell-8

DennisThornton

As I said, I'd love to have it but I'd be asking myself why.  I sure wouldn't count on finding attachments therefore I would NOT want a lot of money in it!

But did I mention that I'd love to have it?  That is just neat!  But for what?

Maxwell-8
1 minute ago, DennisThornton said:

As I said, I'd love to have it but I'd be asking myself why.  I sure wouldn't count on finding attachments therefore I would NOT want a lot of money in it!

But did I mention that I'd love to have it?  That is just neat!  But for what?

completely true, i mean you could make a plow to fit, it will drag your aerators, trailers, sweepers. That's also why i only offered 600$, you can't find a Horse for that money around here! :shock: Only if you are really luck. 

We have a small farm, would be fun and useful as it goes faster then a WH ,( 11mph). It will never replace a Horse, but it has a place. Instead of a golf cart or so. (cheapest golfcart around here: 1800$)

DennisThornton
22 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

completely true, i mean you could make a plow to fit, it will drag your aerators, trailers, sweepers. That's also why i only offered 600$, you can't find a Horse for that money around here! :shock: Only if you are really luck. 

We have a small farm, would be fun and useful as it goes faster then a WH ,( 11mph). It will never replace a Horse, but it has a place. Instead of a golf cart or so. (cheapest golfcart around here: 1800$)

I looked at golf carts for hauling light stuff and getting around and you are completely correct!  I'd want a cab and cargo cover though.  I'm not sure what I would do...  And I really like it!

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
4 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I looked at golf carts for hauling light stuff and getting around and you are completely correct!  I'd want a cab and cargo cover though.  I'm not sure what I would do...  And I really like it!

Nop, he didn't take my bid. I am okey with that, rather stick to the WH's!

Edited by Maxwell-8

Jeff-C175
17 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

he didn't take my bid

My FIL had this old piece of doodoo boat that he thought was the Queen Mary.  He listed it for some outrageous price.  A guy came to look at it and low-balled him for what it was REALLY worth.

By this time he was pissed at all the low ball offers he had gotten, and I kid you not, I was there, said to the potential buyer, "I'll burn it before I sell it for that amount!".  With the guy still there he walked to the garage, came back with a gasoline can, doused the boat, and burnt it to the ground, trailer and all.

He was a man of his word, I admired that old goat!

I still turn up burnt pieces of that boat some 35 years later when I till the garden that is now where the boat sat, and chuckle.  Thanks for the memories Al!

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Haha 1

DennisThornton
7 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

My FIL had this old piece of doodoo boat that he thought was the Queen Mary.  He listed it for some outrageous price.  A guy came to look at it and low-balled him for what it was REALLY worth.

By this time he was pissed at all the low ball offers he had gotten, and I kid you not, I was there, said to the potential buyer, "I'll burn it before I sell it for that amount!".  With the guy still there he walked to the garage, came back with a gasoline can, doused the boat, and burnt it to the ground, trailer and all.

He was a man of his word, I admired that old goat!

I still turn up burnt pieces of that boat some 35 years later when I till the garden that is now where the boat sat, and chuckle.  Thanks for the memories Al!

:ROTF:

6wheeler

A friend of mine has 1 of those. His has a mower. We also rigged up a sprayer in the back. He uses it to haul stuff too. Fun little rig. And? Yes. They do haul the mail. I took it out on the blacktop road one day and wound it up. It went down the road surprisingly well.:auto-swerve:

19richie66
12 hours ago, 6wheeler said:

A friend of mine has 1 of those. His has a mower. We also rigged up a sprayer in the back. He uses it to haul stuff too. Fun little rig. And? Yes. They do haul the mail. I took it out on the blacktop road one day and wound it up. It went down the road surprisingly well.:auto-swerve:

It’s supposed to run 11mph forwards and backwards. I wouldn’t dare open it up in reverse. :laughing-rolling: Forwards it will scoot. Mine is manual steering so it’s a handfull but still easy to maneuver.