Chrishar

Need help on a 702 gas tank

Chrishar

IHave a 702 gas tank the bottom of the tank leaks, need to know what kind of gasket goes there because it leaking there thanks for any help on this 

20210203_210627.jpg

Edited by Chrishar

Achto
32 minutes ago, Chrishar said:

IHave a 702 gas tank the bottom of the   leaks, need to know what kind of gasket goes there because it leaking there thanks for any help on this 

Lowell reproduces them. Sounds like some one may have put a newer tank on your tractor.

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/4452-dual-fuel-tank-gasket-wheel-horse-qty-1/

Edited by Achto

rmaynard

I could be wrong, but doesn't the 702 have a one piece tank, no gasket? If it's leaking at the plug, reseal it with a good gasoline resistant thread sealant such as Rectorseal.

8 oz Can Pipe Thread Sealant with 2,000 psi, Blue

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 2

gwest_ca

The 4405 fuel tank for the 502, 552 and 702 was also used on the 1962 and 1963 Lawn Rangers.

See no bushing listed on any of them but the 1961 model 701 shows the bushing but no part number or description.

1961 701 fuel tank.jpg

• Excellent 1

Lane Ranger
7 hours ago, Chrishar said:

IHave a 702 gas tank the bottom of the tank leaks, need to know what kind of gasket goes there because it leaking there thanks for any help on this 

20210203_210627.jpg

That’s a one piece tank with the big pipe bushing.  It can be removed and sealed on threads with a sealer or permatex  ( or the tru-blu sealer Bob Maynard posted). The lower threaded nipple should have threads sealed also.  You can use a sediment bowl like original or just a simple shut off valve. On the gas line 

• Like 1

Chrishar

Thanks for the help on this y'all are very helpful and good people thanks again 

71_Bronco

Interesting. Wonder if it was a left over part. My '62 Lawn Ranger is a 2 piece with the bolt heads under the bottom of the tank. Mine has a little male threaded "nipple" that screws into the top of my aluminum & glass sediment bowl.

rmaynard

3 hours ago, Chrishar said:

Thanks for the help on this y'all are very helpful and good people thanks again 

I'm still not totally clear what you were asking @Chrishar. The picture that you posted was obviously a one-piece tank without a gasket. I hope you got the info you needed.