Gregor

What are you eating?

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

It’s hard to believe that fasting often is healthy, but there’s a big old book that talks about it quite often...  Maybe it’s the right thing to do? :handgestures-thumbupright:

Depends on the person, their physical makeup, and their metabolism.

The BBT CAN'T fast.

She has a very fast metabolism combined with endurance beyond that of most people's comprehension.

Add to that the fact that she has very very little energy storage in the form of people fat and she only gets a certain amount of time before her body goes into a partial shutdown....

There is some scientific merit to the process of fasting.

One should never go without water for more than a few hours but going without food has been shown to increase mental awareness and even heighten one's physical ability to some extent.

There are those that believe it goes back to the days when humans were predominantly hunter-gatherers and if you hadn't eaten for a few hours or a day then your body could potentially be giving you some assistance in the above mentioned ways. 

• Excellent 1

RandyLittrell
On 1/18/2021 at 2:05 AM, Stormin said:

Never had a problem with losing weight. I've stayed mostly the same since I was in my late teens. But you never see over weight thoroughbreds. :hide:

I would like to speak for all fatboys and say "You people torque me off"!!!!!!  Just kidding!! I worked with a guy that had trouble maintaining weight, he could eat all dang day and never gain a pound!!

I just have to look at food to gain weight! I have lost a bunch giving up carbs, but its been hard! 

Randy

• Haha 3

RandyLittrell
On 1/17/2021 at 3:54 PM, Gregor said:

Deep fried chicken livers and beer. A Sunday afternoon favorite. Especially during Nascar season.  All the motors are running good. Garage is all cleaned up. Itt's a good day. :thumbs:

20210117_154554.jpg.835ee016da420ebcfc0a327d8f5793a1.jpg

I like livers, but gizzards are what I love most!!

Randy

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

I would like to speak for all fatboys and say "You people torque me off"!!!!!!  Just kidding!! I worked with a guy that had trouble maintaining weight, he could eat all dang day and never gain a pound!!

I just have to look at food to gain weight! I have lost a bunch giving up carbs, but its been hard! 

Randy

Right there with you Randy. 

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

It’s hard to believe that fasting often is healthy, but there’s a big old book that talks about it quite often...  Maybe it’s the right thing to do? :handgestures-thumbupright:

Intermittent fasting has helped me lose weight, the big book thing is good too!! 

Randy

• Like 1

Digger 66
On 1/18/2021 at 3:05 AM, Stormin said:

Never had a problem with losing weight. I've stayed mostly the same since I was in my late teens. But you never see over weight thoroughbreds. :hide:

Same here . I weigh 162 and am 5-08 .

Sr year of high school I was 156 . 

Been working out 45 minutes a day 5 days a week .

It's tough for thin guys to actually "build" muscle .

• Like 2

Mickwhitt

The way it was sold to me is this Kev. 

When we were cavemen, we had to find food and work hard for it, not just skip to a supermarket and get all we need. So being hungry was a constant thing for us. If we had dropped dead at the missing of a couple of meals we would have died out long ago.

These days we eat all the time, never taking our foot off the gas for our poor old stomach. So we don't know the real feeling of hunger and the message it sends our brain.

My students would get all upset if they were a little late for lunch; "I can't concentrate when I'm hungry" or " I have no energy and need to eat or I will faint"

Little did they know our cavemen ancestors did not moan and whine or sit down and die. They ran faster, climbed higher, thought faster when hungry to ensure they got food. We have it way too easy these days and that's why we have such an unhealthy relationship with food. 

Giving our system a little time out is very good for it. Maybe those guys who wrote that big book knew this too and tried to encourage us to do it.

Mick 

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

wh500special

I’m missing the allusion:  what’s the big book?

steve

Mickwhitt

I believe the big book is the Bible but I may be wrong lol. 

Fasting is a feature of many religions.

Could it be that health benefits were unknowingly written into these texts? Im not a scholar so I can't say. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

Fasting is a feature of many religions.

Could it be that health benefits were (un)knowingly written into these texts? Im not a scholar so I can't say. 

Depending on the definition one chooses to accept you are most certainly are, a scholar. 

A learned person. 

One of intellect. 

A person who has specific training in the field of humanities. 

Judging only by your activities on Redsquare it's easy to see all of those apply. 

There are those who believe that all religions have a basis, at least in part, in the original and/or current persons of leadership's desire/need to lead the followers along a path of health and well-being both mentally and physically. 

Fasting is a primary example of course. 

Also gluttony, or the lack of. 

There are many....

• Like 1

Gregor

How to lose weight.

Build yourself a heated garage.

Buy 18 lawnmowers

3 tractors

4 motors

You won't have time to eat, nor will you care. Last year in March, I was 220#. Now 175#. 

• Haha 2
  • Heart 1

wh500special
10 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

I believe the big book is the Bible but I may be wrong lol...

Well, geez. That should have been obvious I guess....

Not sure why it didn’t occur to me. 

Thanks!

steve 

Achto

Before I started cleaning snow out of the yard today, I threw some ribs on the smoker. 2 1/2 hrs before the ribs were to be done, I added a pan of mac & cheese to be smoked along with the ribs. The mac & cheese was made with colby & pepper jack cheese, then topped with sweet onions, red peppers, Mex mix cheese, bread crumbs, and of course BACON!!

IMG_20210124_182105899_HDR.jpg.f730fd4dc68ad84b3a19bc106e0c5c6e.jpg

1115667665_IMG_20210124_184058243_HDR(1).jpg.4e3d28cfb04fa689b65b250438ad62cf.jpg

I think that I just ate myself into a food coma. :D

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

WHX??

I made homemade pizza for the big game. That way when we lose we got some thing to look forward to. Three different kinds of sausage and of course bacon! :D

20210124_105959.jpg

• Heart 2

Gregor

It's Nascar Sunday afternoon. The race isn't on yet, but I got hungry. I talked before about deep frying chicken livers. They are very good if you like liver. Then I thought, why couldn't you do the same with beef liver. My wife does not like liver, won't cook liver, doesn't even like to look at liver. So, I cut up a pound of beef liver into bite size pieces, dunked it in milk and egg, coated it with flour salt and pepper, (twice) and deep fried it. It is really pretty good. An easy way to fix liver, if you like liver. If you don't like liver, don't try this. You won't like it.

• Like 2