Gregor

What are you eating?

Gregor

Deep fried chicken livers and beer. A Sunday afternoon favorite. Especially during Nascar season.  All the motors are running good. Garage is all cleaned up. Itt's a good day. :thumbs:

20210117_154554.jpg.835ee016da420ebcfc0a327d8f5793a1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

WHNJ701

Chicken livers?  We use that catfish bait

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8ntruck

We've made two batches of pastys this weekend.  Had some for dinner the other night and froze the rest.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

Around here Trina does the cooking and I do the cleanup. 

Had some great people around for suppah. 

Her meal this afternoon was jumbalaya with added peas, carrots, and our own tomatoes along with some spices and spicy sausage. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Achto
4 hours ago, Gregor said:

Deep fried chicken livers and beer

Those look fantastic!! I haven't made deep fried chicken livers in a long time. I like to wrap the livers in bacon, use a tooth pick to hold it together and then deep fry them. No breading added.

Those livers made me hungry, I think I know what I'm making for supper tomorrow.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gregor

Ramaki ! :)

Jeff-C175

SeeFood.  I see food and I eat it.

Hmmmmm... my favorite!  FOOD!

• Haha 2

Mickwhitt

Today? Mostly nothing....

We are both trying to lose a few spare pounds put on over lockdown.

So we are fasting two days a week. Nothing to eat from 8pm till 12 midday so a sixteen hour fast, then a small meal to last till 8 am.

It works and if you're busy its pretty easy.

Rest of the week eat as normal, but you do get used to not eating so much and don't tend to overeat.

Better than trying to cut calories on every meal you eat. 

• Like 1

Stormin
1 hour ago, Mickwhitt said:

We are both trying to lose a few spare pounds put on over lockdown. 

Never had a problem with losing weight. I've stayed mostly the same since I was in my late teens. But you never see over weight thoroughbreds. :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mickwhitt

Lol thoroughbreds indeed!

I'm a pit pony,  plodding along regardless, strong, reliable and mostly kept in the dark. 🤣

All my male relatives have big bellies and I'm fighting against getting one. I don't drink, don't smoke and try to eat well. Im reasonably active and do yoga 3 times a week.

More importantly, I'm happy. Makes the world of difference to a long life.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Maxwell-8

I have trouble keeping a healthy weight, It's 11am here and i already have eating a good breakfast, chips, apples, now it is ice-cream time. I weigh 60kg, which is not much for my height. I can do what i want, i don't gain weight. This is partially because of my age, but more so, me flying around all the time. I cant sit for a split second.

DSC_0208.JPG

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

H. I. I. T. 

Interesting training program.

High. Intensity. Interval. Training.

If you haven't heard of it, look it up.

It's as simple as going for a walk but you add short distances of fast-paced walking into the regular speed.

Can be used for many many different exercises.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175

Doc told me I was Type 2 diabetic about a year and a half ago, maybe a little longer.  So I had to cut out sugar and count my carbs.  Unfortunately, this meant I had to cut out my favorite 6 course meal of Sam Adams.  Haven't had a beer since then, no added sugars, and exercise.  I had ZERO energy though, just walking a mile was a chore for me.

BUT!  at that time I was about 225 lb, 38 waist, and my A1C was pushing 8.0

Last weight check yesterday, 178 lb, I now can fit in 34 waist, and my A1C last check in December was 5.7

I am much more energetic now, not having to cart around that extra 50 lb  with me everywhere I go.  Wife and I try to walk 2.5 miles a day weather permitting.  (She's pizzed at me because she is not losing much weight at all but she still heaps sugar into her diet, one would think she would take a hint!) Most of my exercise comes from simply not sitting on my arse watching TV or playing on the computer, but of course my job involves sitting at computer 8 hours / day so I'm kinda stuck with that.  Nearly every minute of my spare time is spent in my shop and that's pretty good exercise.

Moral of the story, unless all y'all want to develop Type 2 diabetes and pay 400-500 a month for insulin and have to stick yourself with needles every day, cut out those evil sugars, count your carbs, exercise daily, and lose those extra pounds!  You'll be thankful you did!  Type 2 diabetes CAN be avoided, and reversed, at the least, delayed!

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 2
  • Heart 2

Zeek

A good toenail trim is usually good for a few pounds :-D

• Haha 4

WHX??
11 hours ago, Achto said:

wrap the livers in bacon, use a tooth pick to hold it together and then deep fry them.

I just bake them ... if my stove is not trying to electrocute  me Dan ! :scared-shocked::ychain:

Prime Rib...... I got roasting it down to a fine art. 

20170909_193156.jpg

20151226_100956.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

A good toenail trim is usually good for a few pounds :-D

Man if that's the case you may want to trim them a little more often

• Haha 1

Stormin

True little story about toe nails. When I was about 6 and aunt of my mothers had to come and live with us. She'd been really neglecting herself for years. When we were emptying her house, there was a big old desk. Secret draws, compartments etc and would be worth a fortune now. I was helping my mother clear it out. Rooting through one drawer, I said to my mother what I'd found. "Look Mum, miniature rams horns." "Put them down," My mother replied. "Those are Auntie Amy's big toe nails". :o

Edited by Stormin
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

WHNJ701

I have to cut his rear toe nails, so I don't hear him going click, click, click on floors when he is walking around at 2am.  This topic went into another direction

PXL_20210118_170426007.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, jabelman said:

topic went into another direction

As is commonplace..... :lol:

• Like 1

Gregor

I'll eat (or try) about anything. I draw the line at toe nails.:omg:

• Haha 5

Mickwhitt

First full week of this fasting diet and I've lost five pounds. Two and a half bags of sugar. Pretty good for just four fasting cycles.

Feeling pretty good too, we will see how much I can shift.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

First full week of this fasting diet and I've lost five pounds. Two and a half bags of sugar. Pretty good for just four fasting cycles.

Keep up the good work Mick.

Pullstart
2 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

It’s hard to believe that fasting often is healthy, but there’s a big old book that talks about it quite often...  Maybe it’s the right thing to do? :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Stormin

An ex-BIL, bit of a fitness freak, used to have nothing to eat one day a week. He'd drink plenty of water instead. Reckoned it helped flush the system out.

clueless

Last night I fried fresh mullet and red snapper throats with cheese grits, does not get much better than that. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4