racerjohnbf

Hello from Virginia

racerjohnbf

Hi, I'm John and I'm new to Wheelhorse tractors. I do not own one YET. A buddy of mine just gave me an old mower with a snow blade on the front to use to keep my rc track smooth and push snow on the few occasions with get a big snow here.

He told me it was red and the name started with a T but he couldn't remember exactly. After a google search I figured it had to be either a Troy-Bilt or a Toro Wheelhorse. Well it turned out to be a Troy-Bilt Pony with a blade on the front and no deck. Should work great for what I need after a little carb work and a couple belts. And it was FREE! SCORE!

But it got me thinking, a real garden tractor would be real handy around here. I don't have 10 grand laying around to buy a new one and these old Wheelhorses look really cool. Now to figure out which model and hunt one down. I'll post a new thread soon with questions and all I intend to use it for.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @racerjohnbf!  We’d love to see pictures of the RC track!  Closest I got to racing was running my Traxxas Stampede around the house as a kid.  It’s demise was trying to jump off a dEck onto a dOck.  It might have only had three wheels at that time... I was good at breaking off front ends :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:John.

you maybe know, we all like Pictures..  :teasing-signhere:

hope your WheelHorse will quick find you.

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: @racerjohnbf!  We’d love to see pictures of the RC track!  Closest I got to racing was running my Traxxas Stampede around the house as a kid.  It’s demise was trying to jump off a dEck onto a dOck.  It might have only had three wheels at that time... I was good at breaking off front ends :ROTF:

Yeah that's fun part with having kids, was getting into rc trucks.  It's amazing what's out there now and affordable compared to what I had in the late 90s

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

A caution too, they tend to herd.  You start with one and soon you’re hitting the 20’s!

056DF69C-F8EC-475D-9439-8D5D08C3CD70.jpeg

CDE8FEB9-400F-474C-BBF9-5CBAE5015606.jpeg

9E0C83C1-8253-491C-BBE5-9456DE1EE6C5.jpeg

FE0079B6-9892-4245-82EA-11E92D5A36DA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:John.

• Thanks 1

rjg854

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

• Thanks 1

racerjohnbf

Thanks for warm welcome everyone!

4 hours ago, pullstart said:

A caution too, they tend to herd.  You start with one and soon you’re hitting the 20’s!

I can see how these could get addictive. Thanks to another site I have 6 chainsaws and only cut enough wood for my smoker and fire pit lol.

Here is a pic of the rc track. In pretty bad shape right now from all the rain this year. That's why I'm looking for a better way to maintain it.

20210116_150746.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

racerjohnbf

I talked the boss into letting me have this old Toro sand pro from work, but you cant angle the blade so it takes forever to push the banking back up.

20210116_150643.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

Boy with a Horse set up with a grader and a front plow you'd be right happy. 

• Like 2

racerjohnbf
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Boy with a Horse set up with a grader and a front plow you'd be right happy. 

That's what I'm thinking.... and maybe a tiller for the garden!

• Excellent 2

c-series don

Yes you need a Wheel Horse with a mid-mount grader blade, that would be perfect to grade your track. 

8DAD9AA5-D67F-41D6-BEA9-9829C46681DA.jpeg

E634B4F2-637C-474C-8FAE-0555E2683563.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

Stormin

:WRS: from the UK. :UK: You'll not go wrong with an older Wheel Horse. Strong, simple and versatile. :handgestures-thumbup:

I see your in Virginia  I have a sister in Virginia Beach.

• Like 2

Handy Don
3 hours ago, c-series don said:

Yes you need a Wheel Horse with a mid-mount grader blade, that would be perfect to grade your track. 

Just note that the mid-grader can angle left right, but in stock form it cannot tilt either. "Grader" is not the best description--"Leveler" might be better.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 3

Handy Don
12 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

He needs the "Hillbilly" rear grader...

Yep, he does. Was sure you'd notice and chime in, @WVHillbilly520H!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

racerjohnbf

Thanks for all the replies. I'm about 2 hrs from Virginia Beach, closer to Williamsburg.

You all have some nice looking tractors. That "Hillbilly" grader looks nice but I'm not sure enough about my fab skills for all that. 

That mid mount blade look like just what I'm after. I dont really need it to tilt, just just push the dirt back up the banking and take out the bumps.

I started a new thread in the Wheel Horse section with what all I hope to use it for.

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
Just now, racerjohnbf said:

Thanks for all the replies. I'm about 2 hrs from Virginia Beach, closer to Williamsburg.

You all have some nice looking tractors. That "Hillbilly" grader looks nice but I'm not sure enough about my fab skills for all that. 

That mid mount blade look like just what I'm after. I dont really need it to tilt, just just push the dirt back up the banking and take out the bumps.

I started a new thread in the Wheel Horse section with what all I hope to use it for.

I'm in Staunton about 3 miles off I-81 originally a WV Hillbilly.

• Like 2

racerjohnbf
7 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I'm in Staunton about 3 miles off I-81 originally a WV Hillbilly.

My brother lived in WV for several years. He was in Ronceverte, it's a pretty area. All his buddies up there called him flatlander lol.

WVHillbilly520H
26 minutes ago, racerjohnbf said:

My brother lived in WV for several years. He was in Ronceverte, it's a pretty area. All his buddies up there called him flatlander lol.

I am originally from Pendleton county home of the highest point (Spruces Knob) in WV, moved about 75 miles from my home place, closer to work and my bride. Her father was originally from Lewisburg WV same county as Ronceverte.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

Spruce Knob at 4863' is actually the highest point in the Allegheny Mountain range.    Mt Davis at 3213' near my hometown near the Pa/Md border  is the highest point  in Pa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maxwell-8

Or a pull behind, i can be set in any position:

DSC_0812.JPG

DSC_0813.JPG

• Excellent 2