BeninCT

Sliding rail forklift style FEL?

BeninCT
13 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I was a welder just out of high school. I use to build fork lifts. These fork lifts were rated at several thousand pounds. This pic is not to scale of course, but it gives you the general idea

.foorklift.png.1577d7d21c7d25a54f299336a73b8b97.pngWhen the bearing stud was welded into the mast, it was at an angle, putting the bearing at an angle. I never new the why of this. "Mine is not to reason why, mine is but to do, or get the he!! out". So I dood !

Gusssing so the bearing holds the moving section from moving left to right as well as keeping it in place when lifting loads.   interesting. Mine are square pre-made dollies for unistrut and I welded them as straight as I could. Totally different design and it seems to work though it doesnt want to all the way to the bottom with no load.  Thinking it will wear in over time a little. 

• Like 2

Lee1977

The angled bearing not only holds the rails apart it provides less rolling resistance because of less bearing contact.

• Like 2

BeninCT

Added some weights hanging off the front bumper/forklift mount today.  That 2x4 solid bar weighed 110lbs at the scrap yard so that is whats on there.  Will see how it does in the slush we are promised for Monday.  Also put the roller bearings on the front spindles and it turns like butter.  So easy.  Thanks to @ebinmaine for the McMaster Carr links-

8EC72EE9-6825-47D6-9080-614902B606A9.jpeg

2C8CD75B-13BF-4971-8826-7D9A3E5D17F8.jpeg

• Excellent 1