Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Took The Stabbin Cabin For A Test Drive!

HorseFixer

Yesterday I took it easy and got some windshield time in, I have to get the Stabbin Cabin ready for the BIG SHOW! The Ole couple that I got the Stabin Cabin from let it set for about 4 years without use and even tho I put some gas in it last year I never really took it on any long trips so I wanted to see what kind of milage I would get out on the road. Friday I had a set of new shoes put on the Ole Girl I got 6 Chaparells 225 R 16's 10 ply Load rated "E" tires for 89.00 each so I had them mounted and balanced and installed. I also switched my lubricants over to AMSOIL front to rear. I have the old tires sold for $25.00 each they only had 10,000 miles on them so that brings the price of the tires down to $64.00 ea plus the mounting the same guy a friend of mine that did this work for me gave me the storage building for use so what the heck :drool: Anyways I was having problems with the GENERATOR last year Ideling all funky I got to toying with an adjustment on the exhaust which looks like a choke pull off and got it running pretty good, then I messed with it some more and got it outta sink again :omg: thats another reason I thought about making sure fresh gas is in it! Well I drove it all the way to ANN ARBOR MICH and to new buffalo and back home and racked up 350 miles on a lil less than 3/4 tank "O" Gas best I can tell the tank is 50 gallons I filled it with 48 gallons @ 2.50 a gallon for midgrade so I spent $ 120.00 :( Oh well WTF have to get it ready for the show. I was real happy with the way It ran. The best I can tell with the hammer down at 70 mph I was getting 10 mpg it has an 8.1 L Chevy Vortec with O.D. So it should pull the Horse Hauler and not even know its back there at least Im hoping! Will try and work on the Gen later this afternoon. :drool:

2001ForWinds023.jpg

Coadster32

So that's the stabin cabin. Very nice. Huge motor in it. Should pull w/o a problem. I get 14mpg in my 6 cyld. Ranger 4.0l engine. You're not doing too bad at 10. :omg:

TJ

NICE! :omg:

Brrly1

Hey Duke, You should have just took #23 south and came on down to Toledo. You could have came down and seen what a few of us from NW Ohio have sitting around. Oh well maybe next time. See Ya, Bye Burly

:omg: