gt14rider

Windy Christmas

gt14rider

We had a little rain and wind last night. Moved most of my WH stuff to this tent last week. Woke up to this, hopefully will flip back without too much damage. 

20201225_075000.jpg

20201225_074941.jpg

• Sad 7

Zeek

Yikes! The whole east coast must have had that front come through. It was very windy here last evening and a friend of mine in Myrtle Beach said they had a tornado warning last nigh as well.

Looks like it stayed intact for the most part :handgestures-thumbupright:

rmaynard
47 minutes ago, gt14rider said:

We had a little rain and wind last night. Moved most of my WH stuff to this tent last week. Woke up to this, hopefully will flip back without too much damage. 

When I first put my tent/garage up, I suspected that a good gust of wind might take it over, so I added a couple of ratchet straps and auger/anchors to hold it down. A good dog chain auger/anchor in the ground at both front corners, and one in the closed back end in the middle, with ratchet straps to the frame. The only picture that I have is the day I took it down and it only shows the back. It weathered storms with wind gusts close to 60 mph.

backtent.jpg.28dbe9a5230d090f3e8679bcfe2109e9.jpg

• Like 2

gt14rider

Had small augers anchored (18" to 24") in front. Rear had 2 4' green fence post hammered down with tie straps. Haven't gotten down to see if what happened to front tie downs. Tent has been up for about 2 weeks