ebinmaine

GLEÐILEG JÓL !!

slim67
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

In the Old Norse: Gleðileg Jól!

Loosely pronounced "gled'leg yole"

Modern english translation is Glad Yule. 

It's an acknowledgement of the beginning of winter or winter solstice.

Although BBT and I follow no religion we do live the more positive side of all ideologies. 

Be kind. Do the right thing. Enjoy life. Don't be a jerk. 

We're both of predominantly northern European descent and the ancients of the area celebrated the seasons. 

The Winter Solstice was/is a very important one.  The night was the longest of the year and folks needed to protect each other from the local night time Nasties, both human and otherwise. 

More importantly the winter solstice is the beginning of a new solar year and a rebirth of sorts of the sun. 

People would gather together to celebrate with friends and family. Eat, drink, dance and set by the fire. Some cultures passed gifts.  (Sound familiar?)

No matter what Belief System you all follow, have a wonderful, happy, productive day and be safe!

EB/Eric/Bear 🐻 & My Honey/BBT/Paint Department/Trina and of course Meeha/Mirror...

Thats a good way to look at things. Be kind. Do the right thing. Enjoy life. Don't be a jerk. I think we internally know these things but many stray away from this simple logic. Greed? Envy? I see it every day. My lineage is Scandinavian as well

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, slim67 said:

simple logic

One of the things I've discovered over the last few years is IMHO, The meaning of life. 

I do realize that is an incredibly huge claim and I'm fully prepared to back it up. 

Do whatever makes you happy as long as it isn't detrimental to others. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

One of the things I've discovered over the last few years is IMHO, The meaning of life. . 

I was reading too deep.  I was trying to figure out how IMHO means The meaning of life!

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

briankd
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

beginning of winter or winter solstice.

teen's here now going to be in the 40,s here for the weekend i don't look for any snow here in Ohio again this year might as well move up your way @ebinmaine  least would have some snow :lol:

• Excellent 1

slim67
13 minutes ago, briankd said:

teen's here now going to be in the 40,s here for the weekend i don't look for any snow here in Ohio again this year might as well move up your way @ebinmaine  least would have some snow :lol:

Where are you? I got about 8 or 9 inches at least this morning.

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, briankd said:

Toss a tractor in the truck and head over!

• Haha 1

briankd
22 minutes ago, slim67 said:

Where are you? I got about 8 or 9 inches at least this morning.

30 mile north of dayton 

slim67
38 minutes ago, briankd said:

30 mile north of dayton 

OK.  Im close to Cleveland and Akron. We always get it up here.