Tractorhead

Kati‘s Christmas Gift.

953 nut

First class installation there.                                  image.jpeg.0ddcf32a2f6929405f2f29ee24542ba8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Looks great! :bow-blue:

Glad my wife doesn’t look at your posts!!! :hide:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Tractorhead

Thanks for the positive Feedback.

Oh, forgotten a Pict, 

i also sealed and insulated the Plate on the underside with a hightemp selfsticking Aluminum Foil especially where dishwasher and oven is.

100F911D-7600-4206-8E2C-3471EB72F5D4.jpeg.b415c399163752d066bcbabb55f8cb62.jpeg

I used 2 layers with 6 cm width and 0,5 cm overlay and decide to expand it to the complete front of the Plate.

I think it is a good idea.

2F904A68-4E62-4339-B914-48A3F9DBA72A.jpeg.03386a47425f813bc8902a98fd6e46ad.jpeg

That also prevents any Moisture can drain into the Plate.

4783C332-DDBF-461A-B8D4-758146A4A426.jpeg.b16b3554a3007bfc1783ac03d043627a.jpeg

lot more place to Work for my Honey.

The only thin what annoy‘s me is, the dust hood doesn‘t allign to the Stove now,

but i thinkering may be to exchange it with a bigger one. But that is also another task maybe later on.

She love her new Kitchen.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Great work, Stefan!  The things you see in Germany but not here at home... like pictures in tiles, customized or picturesque toilet seats, etc.  I miss my family in Duisburg, wish I could see them soon!

• Thanks 1

formariz
3 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

The only thin what annoy‘s me is, the dust hood doesn‘t allign to the Stove now,

Kind of looks like if you move all cabinets to the left and introduce a filler on the right it will align or be very close. Or is it just an optical illusion looking at photo?

• Like 1

formariz
4 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Because of worse sealing water was able to go behind kitchenplate..

Water will eventually destroy most materials, there are however  special materials for use in water exposed areas such as that one. Cutouts should also be sealed and bottom of top should be laminated with an appropriate backer sheet. The back edge of such top should also be laminated prior to laminating top so laminate joint is facing back wall and not top . I have made literally thousands of counters for kitchens and service areas. In large office buildings where there is a common kitchenette for hundreds of workers who do not care about splashing water everywhere, that stuff needs to be submarine grade.

• Haha 1

Tractorhead
8 hours ago, formariz said:

Kind of looks like if you move all cabinets to the left and introduce a filler on the right it will align or be very close. Or is it just an optical illusion looking at photo?

You be right, i can shift the cabinets also that 13 cm to left, it aligns now on about 7 cm diff to left.

So i have no doubt if will work, on the other hand i have several other tasks they must be done before.

this is an optical annoy, kati doesn‘t be interested in, but it annoy‘s me.

• Like 1

Stormin

Did ours last year and it'll be the last time. P1020736.JPG.0ce93e965d764551c5b465a57697fd51.JPG

P1020737.JPG.47cc7666b5d37c89c389debd02de2b0c.JPGP1020733.JPG.af49d1603172cb062ca136e5706387f1.JPG

• Excellent 2

Tractorhead
10 hours ago, formariz said:

, that stuff needs to be submarine grade.

Yap, water can affect and damage lot‘s of things, especially if longer unattendent or in hidden spots.

On my Training as Plumber about 35 years ago my Trainer allway‘s remind me „don‘t forget water have it‘s own rules

it is also able to run upwards by capillar effect“  😎 „so don‘t simply trust you Work, verify yourself twice after each Step.“

so your mentioned „submarine grade“  wasn‘t the worsest idea.

That advice i keep until today on most of my Work, except some experiments.

It‘s great if you can trust you Work blind, but i have learned it‘s better to verify youself - thanks to my Mentor in the past.

I contacted before at a Kitchenstudio, to ask them for a price and a timeline,  

they told me this gonna be made easy in 2 - 3 hour‘s, but we can‘t get the Surface on the Plate you like. 

Ok, i know how the work will be made, if it will be done that in just 3 hour‘s, that is just a quick and dirty timeline.

So i decide to do it myself, because it should last for longer timeline.

rjg854

Really nice job there Stefan :text-bravo:

• Thanks 1