Inspectorjoe

Snow plow parts source

Inspectorjoe

It's been a while since I started this thread, but I just got around to replacing the rod. It took only a little more than half an hour from the time I cut the cotter pin and knocked out the old rod, till I bent down the cotter pins on the new rod. I can't believe I was thinking I had to buy a ready-made one.

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I'll be going over the rest of the plow tomorrow. 

20201218_173009.jpg

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
59 minutes ago, Inspectorjoe said:

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I'll be going over the rest of the plow tomorrow

That's what we're all here for. 

Keep us posted. All us 5 year olds likes our pics. 

• Like 1

ljsdad414

Nice work Joe, that plow went to the right guy. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
On 12/1/2020 at 4:57 PM, Inspectorjoe said:

Trac Vac Rita.JPG

Love this pic.... 

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

c-series don

@ebinmaine I don’t think we’ve heard from Joe in a long time? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@ebinmaine I don’t think we’ve heard from Joe in a long time? 

Looks like he last posted in July?

@Inspectorjoe Where you at?

:lol:

Inspectorjoe
On 12/3/2023 at 8:24 AM, ebinmaine said:

Looks like he last posted in July?

@Inspectorjoe Where you at?

I did the unthinkable -  I sold all of my garden tractors, including two Wheel Horses. I was driving to work last May and passed an old Farmall parked in somebody's yard, with a for sale sign on it. The next day I left early for work so I had time to stop. It was a 1947 Farmall Cub, serial # 808, in its original paint. The 308th Cub made, out of more than 245,000! I had to have it. I tried to talk myself out of it over the next few days, but failed. I had promised my wife 'no more tractors', and broke my promise a few times. I couldn't do it again. Then it hit me - I told her I'd sell all of my garden tractors if I could buy the Cub. She agreed!

I must be one to really push my luck, because in September, I saw an auction notice where 9 restored Farmall H's were going up. My wife wasn't happy, but I went to the auction 'just to see what they go for'. Yeah. I came home with a beautifully restored 1942. And I didn't end up in the doghouse. Life is good!

I've even picked up two garden tractors since then, with one being a trade for a very valuable PTO pully that was on the Cub. I've been scouring Marketplace and Craigslist for a Wheel Horse. I'll bet I have one by spring.

• Like 1

peter lena

@Inspectorjoe  looking right at it , https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Inch-Female-Heim-Joint/dp/B075FGLBK2/ref=asc_df_B075FGLBK2/?tag=hyprod-  replaced that sloppy rod with this , on threaded rod , both ends , that steering quadrant , needs a tear down , easily removed at large lower nut , area , the spring to the lever squeeze point , swing arc , would build that on a bench ,or 2 milk crates . so you can roller stool around it . pop off the push in covers for view access. size up what you intend to do , front blade , looks like , lower edge , is cracked , to wear edge . Pete

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Inspectorjoe said:

been scouring Marketplace and Craigslist for a Wheel Horse. I'll bet I have one by spring.

THIS is excellent.  

Looking forward to seeing your finds.  

Thank your wife for being patient.