ClassicTractorProfessor

Saturday afternoon project

ClassicTractorProfessor

One of the things I really liked about our new house is the fact that it had an extra bedroom on the first floor I could set up as a home office. But I was lacking one major thing that every office needs...a desk. As such, I’ve been doing paperwork in the living room on the coffee table, which drives Tasha nuts. When Mom and Dad came down for Thanksgiving, they brought me this old solid door out of a room Dad tore out in the shop, as well as a tall file cabinet. So with that door, a few 2x4s, and a mirror from an old dresser, I now have a place to do all my paperwork. It’s not done yet, I plan on putting a better looking top over it, maybe some laminate flooring like I used on my Grandpa’s desk we fixed up for him when he retired, and I gotta do something with the mirror. I really don’t like looking at my ugly mug when I’m sitting at the computer :lol:. Probably gonna pull the glass out and install a dry erase board, cork board, or combination of both in its place

B96F89EB-0ADA-4C79-9EB2-5FE61490EFEE.jpeg

66521A02-26A9-48FA-8960-80C5A906A09F.jpeg

5B690DD3-0009-434E-A5B9-067FB1184FF4.jpeg

2E852BDA-7F82-4D1B-9E5F-E40E0741F3B8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Darb1964

Farmall, another great red tractor builder!

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
38 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

Farmall, another great red tractor builder!

Yes my blood has always ran red. I’ve got two Farmalls myself, a 53 Super M LP and a very special to me 51 M. 

The tractors on top of my desk are all the letter series tractors, only one I’m missing is an M, so I stuck the Super M-TA up there until I can find one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

roadapples

Maybe just a glass top, like a coffee table?

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
1 minute ago, roadapples said:

Maybe just a glass top, like a coffee table?

I thought about that, but this door has a window in it that needs to be covered up, and it’s got some pretty knarly cracks and holes in it in places too

• Like 2

roadapples

Character....

• Like 4

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, HandyProfessor said:

I gotta do something with the mirror*** :lol:. Probably gonna pull the glass out and install a dry erase board, cork board, or combination of both in its place

Right there with ya Bryce. :lol:

Only 2 mirrors here and one's behind a door where it belongs. 

I like the cork board idea. I'm not in the habit of using a dry erase board but I'd use the cork board for a nice visual to-do reminder place. 

I used some laminate flooring for the top on the big "L" shaped workbench downstairs. That was a good decision. 

The space looks good. 

Stormin

A comfy chair wouldn't be a bad idea. :handgestures-thumbup:

squonk
4 hours ago, Stormin said:

A comfy chair wouldn't be a bad idea. :handgestures-thumbup:

We got these comfy chairs in the office at work. first thing we do is paperwork from the day before. Real hard to get out of them most days! :)

For that mirror, get one of those "funhouse" mirrors. Good for a laugh every day.