Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Work Horse For The Granddaughter

HorseFixer

Well Henny turned 8 years old today and I thought I would get up this morning and finish her tractor. As you recall the steering column was all muffed up, and I had welded that last fall. I had painted the parts this week and purchased a new battery from auto zone. The battery cables were a hack job and the starter solenoid had a loose terminal so I replaced those Items. Changed the oil to the good stuff, then gave it a bath and degrease everything. After that I adjusted the chain, re greased everything and took her for a road trip. She does smoke a little most likely at the least will need a set of rings and a good cyl hone job. Anyways Went and filled up the gas can after I took a loan out on my house :drool: If anyone would have told me a few years back to fill a 5 gallon gas can would cost $12.25 I would say yer out of yer mind! Anyways when I rounded the corner she spied Ole PAPA and seen he made good on his word that he would get her tractor going for her for the show! Too bad her WORTHLESS DAD DOESN'T KEEP HIS PROMISES!!! <_< but thats another story :omg: Keep calm Duke remember what the Dr. Told you no stress! stay calm! close yer eyes and dream of all yer fellow red-square pals giving you their Round hoods for FREE :drool: Anyways back to the story.... Since Henny will be going to this years show with me and MJ I thought I should give her some instruction on her tractor so we spent about 2 hours this evening up the street at our local apple festival fairgrounds where she drove it around practicing! She did pretty good!

WorkHorse007.jpg

WorkHorse001.jpg

WorkHorse005.jpg

WorkHorse006.jpg

WorkHorse004.jpg

Sparky

She's a very lucky girl Duke. Not for just having a Wheel Horse at only 8 years old but to have you and MJ in her life making sure she doesnt get robbed of a great childhood.

:omg:

Mike..........

wheel horse 1045

duke im surprised you didnt paint it pink for a little girl and looks like you now have a future wheelhorse addict :omg:

JimD

nice job, grandpa! :omg:

JonW

Now that's cool! :omg::drool:

You should put some blocks on the pedals so she doesnt have to reach as far. (That's what my Dad did for me on his 633.)

Operator

It's fun to be the Grandpa isn't it. :omg:

Randy

TJ

Cute. :omg:

Coadster32

Perfection with a smile! :omg:

Suburban 550

Well all I can say little Henny is lucky to have grandparents like you and MJ. I guess I know who will be helpin' grandpa restore all the round hood. :omg:

HorseFixer

Well last night her mom my daughter Becky <<<(HECKY) << my nick name for her, came back by and was gonna take her to dinner well Henny was having no part of that! :drool: She started crying balling and squalling jeesh you would of thought someone was killing her ya see she wanted to to ride more on her tractor with PaPa! :drool:

MJ ~ (Nan-Na) finally got her calmed down promising tractor rides tonight after school! She looked at me and I gave her the PaPa stern look and thats all I hafta do! I have only had to paddle that azz one time and that is when she was 3 years old and went over by the pond when I told her to stay away from it unless were with her! Well guess what it was March and the water was still colder than a well drillers azz and she fell in there trying to pet a Koi. She gave out a cry and my heart just sunk! I come flying around the house and there she was covered in water and pond plants! Since then I dont normally have to say anything to her she can read me loud and clear by the look I give her! (Sparky Mike) yer right MJ and I are the stability in her life and the only real parents she has! We love her to death and she is our pride and joy! Well anyways I better get cracking on my RJ- cause I know what I'm gonna be doing tonight! :(

JonW ~ I like yer style! I'm gonna see If I got a 6X6 or 4X4 And See what works

on there. All Sides need to be the same so it stays balanced hmmm good idea

mate! I'll post pictures on what I come up with! :omg:

bustedglass

Hey DUKE - Aint it great to be Grandpa :drool: . I would'nt know what I would do without my 2 little guys (1- 5 year old & 1 - 3 year old). They keep me going for sure. Your little girl is lucky to have grandparents like you and MJ. Keep up the good work.

I put blocks on my tractor for MY use :drool: . My oldest grandson says that he can almost reach them, and when he can, that tractor is his :omg: .

Rollerman

Duke it's great to see the Work Horse getting some use by a future Horse fanatic!

I hope Henny enjoyed it & passed her driveing test.

Also good to see you up & around after your recent excitement....take it easy though.

rustbucket

:omg: :drool::drool: thats my three smileies and i think its well worth it. always good to see a new member joining the ranks of lovers of these fine machines.

wallfish

What a nice way to spend time with the little ones :omg:

My grand kids are still a little bit afraid of the tractors but they'll grow into it

By the way how did she do?

bell

Duke, that's just FANTASTIC!!!! :omg:

Better watch out or she'll be eyeing your round hoods!!! :drool:

stevasaurus

what a nice story Duke...you are a lucky guy. :omg:

whfan74

Awesome story and pictures Duke! I know you are one proud grandpa....those memories will last both of you a lifetime!

JonW

Duke,

Did you get the pedal blocks done? If so do you have any pictures?

We are dying to see.

:omg:

tractorchick

Thanks for sending the link. It's neat to see a different side of you!

It was great to talk today and catch up!

Looking forward to hearing from you! I'll have my laptop in Wauseon so feel free to email or post of facebook. I'll be checking my email.

Duke, I forgot to mention this, but next issue we are running an article called Jeep Jr: a result of the marriage between AMC, Wheel Horse. VERY interesting!