Zeek

Bought a Different Red

rmaynard

I could use one of those around here. Looks like a nice rig. :thumbs: Get some weight on the rear so you can pick up whole trees with that grappling claw. 

Oh...and I didn't think I'd have to say this when I was there last summer...you are going to need a bigger building soon

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

Pullstart

Nice tires!

cool machine too!

8AF2BF75-A0BB-4190-AD83-AF001A7410D9.jpeg

• Like 3

8ntruck
13 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Nice tires!

cool machine too!

8AF2BF75-A0BB-4190-AD83-AF001A7410D9.jpeg

Just a dumb retired engineer question here:

What is the proper way to mount ag tires on front wheels?  As pullstart has them on this tractor, or swap the right for left so the tread is opposite the rears?

Since the fronts are not driven, it seems to me if the fronts were reversed the ag tread would self clean better.

• Haha 1

Pullstart
13 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

What is the proper way to mount ag tires on front wheels?  As pullstart has them on this tractor, or swap the right for left so the tread is opposite the rears?

Since the fronts are not driven, it seems to me if the fronts were reversed the ag tread would self clean better.

I have no clue, but they look right this way in my eyes :handgestures-thumbupright:

Vurge
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

I've been told that same thing.  Also that reversing them on a 4WD tractor reduces wear.  When I got new tires on my small Kubota I had the fronts reversed.  Around here I rarely use the 4WD and if I do need it to get unstuck, I want full traction in reverse! 😂

2 hours ago, pullstart said:

I have no clue, but they look right this way in my eyes :handgestures-thumbupright:

Tires definitely look better all pointed in the same direction!  

Vurge
4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Well I had to bite the bullet and get a bigger tractor for things I need to get done around the property at the sacrifice of my 552:|:handgestures-salute:. I decided to go RED and get a TYM. They make Rural King/Mahindra and others. Got a great deal from a local dealer with a loader, grapple and pallet forks. So far I moved some big brush piles to a burn pile which in and of itself was a HUGE time saver!!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=74de1d643bd8402f

20201103_165320 (Medium).jpg

20201102_145507 (Medium).jpg

That's a beautiful machine.  I've never had one a new tractor.  All my farm tractors are from my dad and I think the newest is an early 1980s IH 484.   Red too! 

• Like 2

squonk
8 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

If a 4WD you mount ag's on the front as the rear. 2WD you reverse them for better steering grip. I had a set that we're marked that way right on the tire sidewall

• Like 2

Zeek
On 11/5/2020 at 9:53 PM, rmaynard said:

I could use one of those around here. Looks like a nice rig. :thumbs: Get some weight on the rear so you can pick up whole trees with that grappling claw. 

Oh...and I didn't think I'd have to say this when I was there last summer...you are going to need a bigger building soon

Yes I plan getting a rear three point carrier like this. You then put boards on it to carry cinder blocks, plus I need a place to carry other things like a chainsaw, etc. There are some YouTube videos with some cool ideas. You could also attach an implement, but I don't have any I currently need. The dealer actually mention the rack over a ballast box because it's cheaper and you can do more with it.

On 11/5/2020 at 11:36 PM, 8ntruck said:

Not sure about 2 WD, but I would assume the same direction for 4 WD since they were designed to rotate in the same direction. Reversing tread would make my eye twitch . . .:blink::lol:

• Haha 1

WHX??

Nice Zeek :handgestures-thumbupright: @WVHillbilly520H knows something like that is on my bucket list! 

Were the front hydraulics for the grapple dealer added? 

WHNJ701

That's what I should do, sell off my useless old tractors and get something new I can use around my property

• Like 1

Zeek
7 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Nice Zeek :handgestures-thumbupright: @WVHillbilly520H knows something like that is on my bucket list! 

Were the front hydraulics for the grapple dealer added? 

Yes, the dealer installed a third function on the loader - two quick detach hydro lines and the replacement loader control handle that has a thumb switch to operate the claw.

• Like 1

WHX??

Nice most of the ones I have been looking at are totally separate spool with its own lever.

Guessing that is around 24.. 28 HP? Does it use def? Yanmar engine? Sorry for all the questions! 

Zeek
26 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Nice most of the ones I have been looking at are totally separate spool with its own lever.

Guessing that is around 24.. 28 HP? Does it use def? Yanmar engine? Sorry for all the questions! 

I'm told it a 25 HP, but they limit the RPM to call it a 24.1 so they can get around the DEF. The specs are here. The engine is Kukje which has been around since 1968 and makes engines for other brands as well.

I bought this particular brand and model for a couple of reasons. The axles are super beefy cast iron. The lift capacity is better than some others. The rear is fairly heavy and I can lift a significant sized log without ballast. The Ocala dealer undercut everybody in central Florida, including other TYM dealers. I was told that they can do that because they pay cash for their stock, so they get a significant discount right off the bat. Cash and the ability to pick it up cheapens the deal as well. Zero percent financing touted by some dealers is not really zero. The tractor price is higher on a financed tractor to make up for it, just like cars.

Edited by Zeek
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
On 11/5/2020 at 11:36 PM, 8ntruck said:

Technically those are not R1 AGs but R4 industrial on Kevin's rig ... And IMO whether driven or not they need to be in symmetry like my R1s.

20201019_171231_HDR.jpg

20201023_170113_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
On 11/5/2020 at 9:19 PM, Zeek said:

Well I had to bite the bullet and get a bigger tractor for things I need to get done around the property at the sacrifice of my 552:|:handgestures-salute:. I decided to go RED and get a TYM. They make Rural King/Mahindra and others. Got a great deal from a local dealer with a loader, grapple and pallet forks. So far I moved some big brush piles to a burn pile which in and of itself was a HUGE time saver!!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=74de1d643bd8402f

20201103_165320 (Medium).jpg

20201102_145507 (Medium).jpg

Good deal, I bought my Mahindra eMax 22G smaller than yours (TYM with Daedong read Kioti engine) new but as a left over unit because nobody wanted a gear jammer (better deal) and had the FEL put on by the dealer. If you look into a rear blade look for Dirt Dog brand very heavy built and actually rolled vs broke. @Pollack Pete has an eMax25 hard cab version with a snow blower, which I have just ordered along with the front blade and soft cab, and you correct very heavy built tractors for the money and can out lift some orange and green brands of comparable size. My main use is mowing 3+ hilly rough acres. Should last you a lifetime.👍

IMAG3060.jpg

IMAG3215.jpg

Screenshot_20201105-080252.png

• Like 1

Zeek

Yes, I think mine is the eMax 25 equivalent. I started the quest looking at an RK24 (Rural King) and really liked it. When I went to the TYM dealer they had that (T254), but the sales guy gave me such a good package deal on the next size up which is what I ended up with. The price difference wasn't much. I didn't want to insult anyone that made another choice, but I agree. When you compare red/green/orange you get way more bang for the buck (including warranty) on red. 

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
50 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yes, I think mine is the eMax 25 equivalent. I started the quest looking at an RK24 (Rural King) and really liked it. When I went to the TYM dealer they had that (T254), but the sales guy gave me such a good package deal on the next size up which is what I ended up with. The price difference wasn't much. I didn't want to insult anyone that made another choice, but I agree. When you compare red/green/orange you get way more bang for the buck (including warranty) on red. 

The eMax 22/25 is the same tractor and engine through Mahindra mine us gear but they also have hydro 22 then 25 (injector pump tuning) both Deadong/Kioti, TYM is the 254 with Yamnar engine... Yours is definitely the bigger version. Mine beside WH xi (KubotaBX size) I also have a Kioti CK20 closer to yours.

client_PART_1538271297307_IMAG2968.jpg

IMAG4049.jpg

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Had the boy out on the Kioti today dragging brush.

20201108_144350_HDR.jpg

20201108_144355.jpg

• Thanks 1